Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Homebirth - anyone else thinking of one?

Hi All

This is my second pregnancy and although I am only 8 weeks the midwife has talked to me this morning about a homebirth. Now, I was all against it for my first one but as it turns out I had a very straight foward induced three hour labour in the birthing pool and no trauma apart from major sickness afterwards.

I really like the idea of being at home after the birth and not being left alone on a ward without my husband like last time. I'm just a little but nervous about something like the cord getting wrapped around the baby's neck although the midwife did say that there would be early warning signs and that the ambulance would turn up very quickly.

Replies

• Sorry posted to soon! So just wodnering if anyone else is thinking of having one or has had one?
  • Hi Emilyegg, My sister had one, but ended up transfered to hospital after a succesful labour at home but complications with her little bean near the end. Even so, she is so happy to have done the 'worst' of the labouring at home.

I am 19 weeks and seriously considering one, providing all the signs are good for straightforward birth. I love the idea of my TV, tea when I want it, biscuits, chip butties and anything else it takes to get me through it!

I have already decided that I want minimal pain relief (epidurals scare me more than labour!) but my only real hesitation is the neighbours! We live in London, in a flat and I'd hate people walking past or in the rest of the house to hear me...

Sorry not to be much help, but would too love to hear others experiences image

CeeLou x