Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Silly question about pain / distress to me/baby

hi ladies

hope everyone is well. i have a bit of a daft question. i will be 30 weeks next week and i'm going to the dentist for a deep inbetween gums scale and polish which I need.  last time i had this done it was so so painful, like in tears horrible painful.

i just wondered, does the baby feel any of the pain? does the baby get distressed because i'm in pain and distressed?  Is it safe to have the local anesthetic injection to numb the gums?

thank you!

p.s. i don't like the new BE

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Replies

• Hi littlemiss.  As far as im aware local anasthetic doesnt affect the baby but you might want to call you midwife just to check, theres no question to silly you can ask them. As for the pain, i think the baby can feel a little or at least that you are uncomfortable but youre quite far along so i think it should be ok, again ask the midwife if i were you.

Although, if your having local then you shouldnt feel any pain unless they inject you wrong or something.

good luck!

• Thank you Dippyrowse

i had my dentist appointment this morning and everything was fine. i went without the injection because it wasn't offered and i sang to myself (in my head!) to take my mind off the pain. so all ok.

thanks for replying xxxxx