Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

feel awful - normal this soon?

Ladies can you please advise. I am 5 + 3 today and have been feeling dreadful today. Want to throw up but can't. Nothing tastes right and makes me Wretch. I am acheing all over but hip and legs imparticular. I don't have a temperature. I have tummy cramps but they come and go and move from lower to upper tummy. I am also constipated. I never felt like this with ds and never thought symptoms would come on overnight. Can anyone reassure me? Thanks x x

Replies

• Hey blue star. I felt pretty good up til 5+2 when I woke up and felt awful! I was constantly gagging but wasn't actually sick. That lasted for about a week and a half then I started to feel a little better, it hit me again at 8 weeks where I had aching hips and top of legs and started being sick, I'm now 10+1 and every day is different, last Monday and Tuesday I wasn't too bad then since Wednesday I've been pretty sick again. I wasn't this sick with my dd either. It's not very nice but it is normal chick, good sign your hormone levels are increasing x x x
  • Blue star,  cannot say if it is normal or not as this is my first however, I started to feel awful pretty much the day I got my BFP (which was about 4+4).  I am now nearly 8 weeks and still feel dreadful.  I spent yesterday in bed/lying on the sofa because I felt so sick, tired and achey.  I am pretty sure it is normal!  I watched a programme yesterday (whilst on the sofa!) about a girl who didn't realise she was pregnant until she was in labour, I cannot believe that this is possible with the way I feel at the moment, seriously, I feel terrible!!!  Hoping the nausea and exhaustion will subside soon so I can actually enjoy my pregnancy.  Em xxx

• Bluestar, afraid I'm with the others on this one too image

I am very much having 'good' and 'bad' days. Sometimes other than my boobs (which seem to be growing by the day!), I have no symptoms at all. Others, like today, I feel dreadful. Absolutely shattered, nauseous (although, fortunately, I have yet to actually throw up as a result), and I think I'm getting the start of a cold too.

The joys of pregnancy, eh?!image

From my reading, it seems the majority of people lose these around the 12-14 week mark so only 7 weeks (5 for me!) to go?!?! image

Water has been helping me with the quesiness and trying not to leave it too long between food stops too. Good luck & we're hear if you need to moan! We share your pain?!

• Thank you all so much! I was starting to panic I was communityng down with the flu or something. I still feel sick today. Can't really face food but the achey Ness has subsided and am trying to drink plenty of water. I guess I am just jumping at every little thing at the min. X
  • blue_xstarx I had nothing until 5+6 (I think) and then I felt dreadful, felt so nauseous and tired and backache. It seems to be getting easier now (12+4), either that or I have just got used to it! xx