Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Body Image During Pregnancy

Hello all you pregnant mothers.

By posting comments on this forum you are agreeing to take part in my research on body image during pregnancy. I am a student from the University of Brighton putting together a research proposal in this area and am very interested on your comments on body image experiences during pregnancy.

Please indicate your age, stage of pregnancy and how many children you have previously had if applicable.

Feel free to express any body image concerns you may have, any comments you may have on exercise and eating habits during pregnancy, whether pregnancy has a had a positive or negative affect on your body image and if you feel there are societal pressures on pregnant women to conform to an ideal pregnant body.

Your assistance in compiling this research is much appreciated. Thank you!

Replies

• This is awesome do you mind sending me a copy of your finish product, i currently doing a mini mag on pregnacy and body image and would love to read about this!

shetelanassi@gmail.com

• I felt fat and unattractive but understood that my body was doing something amazing so it didn't bother me too much. I feel worse now I'm not pregnant and trying to lose the extra weight