Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Worried

Hi everyone, i am new to this image

i am currently 9 and a half weeks pregnant and i have been getting all the signs and stuff, however i cannot stop worrying about the baby, i was pregnant a fews back and the baby had stopped growing at about 7 weeks, and am really worried its going to happen again.

is there any way of taking your mind off it all? i am waiting on my letter from the hospital to go for my 12 weeks scan, i am chasing up and down the hall for the post to come for the letter just in suspense and its horrible

x

Replies

• Options
    Unfortunately the answer is not really! Pregnancy is such a stressful time and at every stage there's something new to worry about and stress over. You could consider paying for an early scan to put your mind at ease? But the main thing is just to try and think positively, you're getting loads of symptoms which is a great sign and remember if you have any sort of bleed or spotting you should be able to get an appointment with the early pregnancy unit for a scan if you contact your GP or go to A&E. Hope the next 3 weeks fly by for you xxx
  • Options

Hi there, 

thanks very much for the response, i know i am trying to work is keeping me really busy to forget, but no blood etc as of yet, just waiting on my letter from the hospital for my date, hope everything goes well for you & good luck

xx

• Options

I was exactly the same - the amount of knicker checking I did in those early weeks was just silly. I have no advice, because I worried every day until my baby started moving, then I worried when I didnt feel as much movement as the previous day, and I kept worrying until she popped out! After she was born, I worried, and still worry, even more! The only thing I can say is that you need to remember that you are worried because you love your baby, and that is a normal mummy reaction. However, the best thing you can do for your baby is to try and relax as much as possible and enjoy being pregnant. I hope you get your scan appointment soon xxx

• Options

honestly, I don't know any pregnant women (especially in the first time) who didn't feel what you are feeling right now (including myself)...worry is a natural part of being pregnant and in fact being a mother...and it's okay to be a bit worried to be precautious and take good care of yourself. However it should not be taken to the extreme and if you can find a few activities or strategies to distract yourself and that you really enjoy, time will fly and before you know you will have your beautiful baby at your hands...