Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

miscarriage??

Hi everyone,

Although this question may not have an answer im hoping to get a little feedback as to hopefully get a better understanding as waiting to hear the good or bad news next week is... hard. Basically im 9 weeks pregnant and last weeks i had slight bleeding i called the NHS and the consultant reassured me it was quite common (the fact it wasnt heavy i never felt dizzy or sick and there was no tissue) it stopped shortly after however two days ago i started to bleeding again so went to my doctor and was sent to the early pregnancy unit to check things over to my dispair they said it had stopped growing at 6 weeks and they couldnt see anything what im trying to find out is is this a miscarriage?? im in no pain but am still bleeding no heavier than a 50 pence piece at a max could it be its early stages of a miscarriage or (being hopefull) ive heard you can have a period and still be pregnant and maybe im not as far gone as i thought?? I know the odds are against me but any advice as to what might be happening would be really helpfull

thank you for taking the time to read or reply to this

louise 23

Replies

• Hello Louise

This forum isn't so busy so sorry its been a few days for a reply. I am so sorry to hear your news it must be a very worrying time for you. From what you describe, assuming it is a miscarriage it sounds like perhaps it might be what is called a 'missed miscarriage', where the baby has stopped growing at some stage but the body hasn't realised it yet. My first loss was into the 10th week, I had had no pain, but started to lose small amount of old blood here and there. About five days later, I miscarried naturally before they could scan me (I was still waiting).

It is possible to bleed during pregnancy and for everything to be fine - seemingly lots of women have this, but from what you have written it wasn't clear that this was the case.

I really hope you are taking it easy and are being looked after.

Apple x