Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Trying for a girl

Hellow ladies - so as soon as AF has gone, I have got the green flag for ttc!! Woot! Thing is hubby is very keen on trying for a girl. He knows there is no guarantee but would like to increase our chances. Has anyone done/doing this? Know much about what I can do to increase my chances?

Thanks x

Replies

• Hi! Girl sperm live for longer and are generally slower than boy sperm. To try and conceive a girl you should only have sex up until 2 days before you ovulate, 3 days before would be better. This means that by the day you ovulate the boy sperm should have died leaving just girl. It does work but obv is not 100% accurate! Also can take longer to conceive this way, (not dtd as often) so have to weigh up the pros and cons for your situation. There are also claims that women with poorer nutrition conceive girls (girls are stronger, more resiliant embryos so nature doesnt risk a boy unless mothers body is top condition for growing baby) buy I don't know how much research there is backing this up, and obv iously wouldn't advise deliberately not getting the nutrients you need! Good luck with everything xx
  • Hi hun! As MyBs explained above, there are different ways you can supposedly increase your chances of conceiving a girl. I would just say be completely sure that you'll be happy and hubs will be happy with another boy if that happens! image xx
  • Hi, I found one article maybe it'll help you https://saymommy.com/mom_173_pregnant-boy-girl.html good luck!imageimage

• Hi, If you want to chose girl, you can adopt techniques of shettle's. or you can go for chinese birth chart or you can learn about diet which will enhance your chances of getting pregnant with a girl. How ever these all are called "old wives tales". For more accurate results, you will have to go for "high tech methods" but they are costly.