Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

5 weeks 4 days pregnant internal scan , empty sac :( am i still pregnant ????

Replies

• Options

what's supposed to be inside the sac? I had a scan and they saw a sac and the yolk but didn't mention anything else...

• Options

I think after 7 weeks there should be a wee bean and a heartbeat. Ive been looking at loads online and they all differ a little. Im sure the yolk is a really good sign im hoping for that next.

• Options

When I had a scan due to bleeding I was 8 weeks 5 days pg going by my LMP so the EPU done both scans & they said there was a 6 week gestation sac which was completely empty so diagnosed with blighted ovum & had to go back a week later for another scan just to double check there was no baby in my womb but by then i'd already had m/c.

• Options

Hi, i am 6+1 weeks and just went for my scan today, due to lots of heavy bleeding. All i saw was a empty sac, so was sent for bloods to be taken today and then again on Friday. I did a possitive pregnancy test while at the hospital, but no longer feel pregnant. The doctor told me that in his opinion i have had a m/c. I feel so sad but am still trying to be strong and wait till Friday, you never know he might be wrong. All these posts are keeping me sane and helping me except what might be. This would be my first m/c but already have a healthy 2 year old, so am grateful for that. Will keep you posted.

• Options
    Found out a few weeks ago tht i was preg.said i was 3.4weeks. Woke up yesterday mornin with bleeding. Wasnt heavy but had some clots. So i phoned epu they transferd me to see gyno and they examined me. They said my cervix was closed which was a good thing and done another preg test which came bk faintly positive. So they sent me for a scanto and an internal scan. Nothing showed up said it could b too early or ive misscarried. My hcg level is 56 ive to go back tomoro to see if its went up up down. Im now rufly 5wks gawn. What do yous thinks happend?x
  • Options

Just got off the phone and my hgc level is 157, which has gone down, so it looks like ive m/c. In a strange way im not sad. Im glad its all over with and i dont have the stress of waiting to find out whats going on. I would like to thank everyone on this site for all there possitive story and am sad that mine wasn't. Good luck to all the pregnany people out there and i hope to be one of them again soon.

• Options

Ive been to the hospital today and by my LMP I should be just over 8 weeks pregnant. Scan shows me to be just over 5 weeks pregnant. Dr said my dates are either wrong or ive had a missed miscarriage. Is it possible to be that many weeks out? I think ive resigned myself to the fact that its a missed miscarriage but theres still a tiny but of hope in me. Ive got to go back in a week to see if there have been any changes - im not hopeful.

• Options
    Il keep my fingers crossed for you buggiemoo xxx
  • Options
    My friend went for an EPA scan and was told she was only 5 weeks and low heartbeat. She was meant to be 7 weeks. She went back 2 weeks later and all is well, dated at 8+2. Stay strong image x
  • Options

Need some anwers please, thought i was 7-8 weeks preg found out thursday 20.6.13 so i guessued how far gone going by a normal 28 day cycle, mine is 45 sometimes bit more/less.

so on saturday went to hospital due to cramping & brown discharge, was examined cervix shut and hcg 4300 0dd. (she thought o was 7-8 wks mind) told go home and booked in for internal ultrasound scan tues25th.

Still the same on monday morning so went back to the hospital straight too gynae ward. Checked cervix still shut but told possible miscarriage. I then was  assaulted  by my ex partner monday at 5pm, rushed too hospital as bleeding got heavier and cramps got worse. checked my hcg levels and they dropped too 3660 which he said wernt significant and his speciality wernt in gynae so just go for my scan tuesday.

Went for my internal scan I was told i was roughly 5 weeks but she had concerns as the sac was slighly irregular and low down in my utuerus. Was told again possible miscarriage.

Me and my partner had intercourse tuesday night and at 11 pm after intercourse a blob fell out of me, we rung ward 11 who said we could keep it in fridge and bring it down in the morning (sick).

So we took the clot (which did look like a baby) down and we were told  i passed part of the placenta but it was a miscarriage. We were devastated and tried coming to terms with it. They even asked us if we wanted the "placenta/fetus) or cremated, take home and bury it or let the hospital deal with it. After this the bleeding subsided and cramps went, we were booked in for scan thursday 27th make sure its all out, I was told internal but it was external and had to drink pint and half of water beforehand.

We went for scan thinkin we'd totally lost baby and the sonogropher said as i walked in 'lost a bit of blood av u love' i said no i passedthe fetus, she said oh. She done the scan and the sac is still there, no yolk or pole but at 5 weeks we wouldnt see that on external scan would we?? I asked her if i could have passed an identical twin she saaid possibly. We went back up to ward 11 witht the ultrasound results and saw the same dr we saw 2 days before (who couldnt remember us at all) and she said theres very little chance it will carry on but im confued as i thought id miscarried, i forgot to tell her i was only just turned 5 weeks too, my head is in bits, as anyone got any advise please.?

• Options

Hi, first time on forum but scared and feeling sad and thought it might help. Thought was 10 weeks and 3 days pregnant. Started bleeding lightly last night and went to a&e. They tried to reassure me, did another test which was strongly positive. Had internal scan today and doc said could see sac but no foetus. Also too small for 10 weeks. Having blood tests to check levels and other scan next week. Hard to feel positive though. No one else seems to have had this late and work out? Took 12+ months to conceive so I'm pretty devastated. 

• Options

I'm so sorry chick I'm almost 10 weeks and got scan tomoz and crapping myself. Good luck xx

• Options

Hope your scan goes well x

I'm pretty wrecked today, and not really holding out any hope that will be ok for me this time. 

Really hope you and others in similar situation get good news x x 

• Options

i had my period june13 till 18 but today is july10  but june 28 i had cramping for three day my breast is flling like iam getting milk in them i took a test it said negative took a scan it showed nothing  but coulld i be pregnanat how many weeks do i have to be to see a sack and if iam how far long im i

• Options

Hi

Hi done a clear blue digital test on 7.7.13 which said I was 2-3, which would make me 6w6d right now. Started getting brown/red/pink blood on Thursday, went for US this morning and told sac was 4mm which is around 4 weeks but was empty, Internal also done and nothing! They took bloods to test for hcg levels, to go back on Monday for more tests. Came home and done another clear blue which shows I am now 1-2 weeks? Are my hcg levels lowering due to having a miscarriage? This is our first, I'm prepared for the worst,I can just feel it! 

• Options
    I was 7weeks and then I started bleeding but not heavy and pains to ,I went to scan it showed only the sac I went again after 1week it's showed that I have even no sac am empty inside ,today I did a pregnant test it showed positive .plz help me and let know what is right am I still pregnant or not I will be glad to hear from you people thx
  • Options

hiya I'm sorry but if they saw you are empty then it's probably likely you had a very early misscarriage. I've heard that pregnancy tests can stay positive for a few weeks while your hormone levels return to normal. Have they asked you to go back for another scan or blood tests? X

• Options
    I was 7weeks and then I started bleeding but not heavy and pains to ,I went to scan it showed only the sac I went again after 1week it's showed that I have even no sac am empty inside ,today I did a pregnant test it showed positive .plz help me and let know what is right am I still pregnant or not I will be glad to hear from you people thx . Yes they have take bleed for test and I should go back on Monday for results
  • Options

They should be able to tell you more on Monday if I were you I'd do another test Monday morning see if it's positive or not. The doctor is the best person to advise you on this fingers crossed for u 

• Options
    Am really confused myself as i done a digital test and it said 2-3 wks so i had a internal scan the dayvlater and cudnd see anythink so the next day i did another digital and it said 3+ how many weeks pregnant am i ? Is there any chance i cud be 7 ? Am really scaared and confused !