Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

5 weeks 4 days pregnant internal scan , empty sac :( am i still pregnant ????

Replies

• Hi I am new to this but really need some advice as I am in limbo I am dating at 5/6 weeks on Tuesday I started to lose pink spotting then turned brown to red I went to AE they told me I was threatening a miscarriage today I had an internal scan and they told me there is an empty sac and a yoke in the right place but no baby yet I am still bleeding I have just been told I need to wait and see if anything happens or comes away I have got another scan in a week and just can't stop thinking about it now I would just like to no has anyone els had this with a good outcome as I have read so much and just don't no what to think any thoughts would helpful at the min as I am going out of my mind at the mo thanks xx
  • Hiim new to this but I really need some abvice please im 5+4 pregnant n on Saturday I was spotting run to the ER n I got a us pelvis transabdominal and trasvaginal check n also my hcg were 2,281 but md onlysaw YOlK sac but no heart beat they send me home sad n sunday I was ok resting in bed monday I was on my way to the dr n get my second hcg n was 3,651 what do I do my ob/gyn tell me to wait till april 1 n get a ultrasound again 

• I just found out I was pregnant a few weeks ago according to my doctor I was four and a half weeks at the time so went to the OBGYN and they didn't ultrasound and all they can see is a sack no baby inside so I was sent to get blood work done and my HCG levels 17472 and the doctor says I'm about 4 weeks and not as far as we thought to be which today would have been 7 weeks like my family doctor had told me should I be worried there is no baby in the sack please help me I am worried sick about this
  • hi ladies i was wondering if any1 can share their light on my experience, 

since yesterday i have been experiencing period like cramps also with the bleeding when i wee. i went hospital today they took my blood and did a internal scan and she said there is no sign of pregnancy yet, but its 2 early at this stage im 5 wks today....

she also found out my left tube has been damaged from a pelvic infection that i didnt even know about, so now it could b possible for eptopic pregnancy. 

i have to go back in 10 days for another scan... 

also get bloods back thursday for hormone levels because ive done several test and all come back positive. im confused and scared.

if my egg was inside my tube surely the dr would of seen it on scan? i dont get it.

im praying and hoping for the best!  

• please help going through the same now.... had pinkish discharge, went for early scan for them to tell me the sac is blurred, cud be full of blood as there's no heartbeat.  My last period was 9th Feb which wud make me 7 weeks but I conceived between 19th - 21st as I was only ovation tests - which would make me 5week +2.  Had blood test for my hormone levels which were high. Has anyone went through this with a POSITIVE OUTCOME.... need a little reassurance as I had a mc last year. ????

• Hi 

Im just back from a routine hospital visit. 1st child. Thought I was 8 weeks going from 1st day of last period but they gave me an internal scan today and are saying I'm only 5 weeks?? They also say I may miscarry but in the same breath that I'm pregnant now????. they have asked me to go back in 2 weeks to see if there is amy sign of anything. They could see nothing today. Im so upset and can't imagine how I'm going to get through 2 weeks waiting. 

• I had the same thing this week and i was told it is just to early to see anything. The scan i had a week before that there was nothing there at all a week later you could see the sack but no baby so im booked in for another week where they said they should say a baby and i also have period type pains which ive had in all my pregancies. Dont worry too much its prob too early 

• Wow am so happy I got this group I need help and need it bad my last period was on the 4/sep/15 I did a prego test and it was faint line positive on the 1,2,3,4,5,7 all showed faint line then i did one on the 11/oct and it was negative i went to my doc the 12 she did a belly us and a v/us nothing showed up she say I may have had a miscarriage but my question is how could i have had a miscarriage i have not drop a dot of blood accound to my calender i would of been 5w /3d but we did not see no sac nothing so now i juat have to sit and wait to see if af is gonna come althought i still feel prego like bloted lower back and abdominal pain breast getting heavy smh dont know what to do and think 

• Hi all, I'm really worried because I had a miscarriage in June this year. I went to the clinic today and the doctor didn't see anything, even thought my urine test showed positive and the last time I saw my period was from the 9th to 13th of September. I've been having period like pains but I'm not bleeding. I did another blood test today and I was told to come back on Saturday to do another ultrasound, please can anyone advice me, is this possible?

• hello am new on this forum and I need a quick advice please I miss my period in September and was tested positive now I should be 11weeks gone but I start bleeding on Friday and I went see the doctor and was booked for scan  Monday went for the scan only for the scan to show am only 5 weeks and only an empty sac seen and am still bleeding coming out brown/ pink blood with back pain and am booked for another scan  two weeks time am so so worried need some advice please and I need help

• Hello ,this is my first pregnancy iv tryed for years and finally i am pregnant BUT my dr is telling me im 5 weeks but my ultrasound shows nothing but a black empty sac . and my hcg levels are rising but slowly and not doubling. So she thinks im going to miscarry bc iv had pink &,brown spotting. She wants to do a dnc tomorrow before i do miscarry. Can i please get some advice on what i should do ?

• Hi Bebebrooks! 

Firstly I am so sorry that that you are in this situation. My Dr told me the same that it was pretty much 100% that I would miscarry but did not offer a D&C. They told me to come back for a routine s in 2 weeks but sadly a week later I miscarried naturally. They scanned me a week later and confirmed that it was all gone but I was good to try again in 3 - 4 weeks. I didn't care about any of that at the time, my heart was broken. Like you we had been trying for a long time. I can't advise you on what to do, just to say that if it was me i would probably prefer to miscarry (if it happens) naturally and if you need it after they can preform a d&c. I advise you to listen to your body and do what your gut tells you. 

Be strong, and if it is not this time then please keep trying. I am at moment and am still believing it's going to happen. If it's meant for you it will not pass you. I wish you the very best. Xx 

• I agree, i would rather miscarry naturally so at least i know i tryed to my fullest , i know my heart will break if i do but i will feel better knowing i tryed & come to terms with the fact it wasn't meant to be. Ill definitely keep trying though if it doesn't work out , thank you so much for your reply.

• hello

i am having a horrid time at the moment with the same problem.... on the 10th january i did a test to tell me i was 1-2 weeks! we were over the moon as we had been trying for 5 months and my period had been due on the 6th.

then on sunday 15th i had period like pains and some spooting when i went toilet before bed, so thought id phone 111direct and after explaining to them my symptoms they advised me to get checked out in hospital so i went in hospital had the relivent blood test for my hormone levels which was 790 and wee sample which all came back fine but to see how things went and booked me in for scan on wednesday to see what was going on and to rule out eptopic, also if bleeding got hevier than to come straght in too :-( so went home and as the day went on tuesday the bleeding got much heavier and in the eve i had a horrible pain on my left side and couldnt sleep so went in as they had said and had bloods done again which showed a slight dip in my hormone levels to 750 so the nurse told me it looked like a miscarrige but would scan me to know for sure, so on wednesday i went in for my scan and they found a empty sack measuring only 3mm in the womb but no yolk :-( and couldnt see anything in overies and now been in today for further blood test to show my hormone level has increased to 890 which is a bit odd....im very doubtful its ok but after reading these comments people have said 5 weeks is a bit early so i am booked in again for next wednsday 25th january to have another scan to see if they can give me some definate answers..

the not knowing is killing me...

will keep you all posted on what happens

• Post deleted by MadeForMums. 
    Here's a link to our Chat guidelines. 

• I think it varies from woman to woman and depends on the equipment and it's operator! This can be a very upsetting and stressful time.  Especially if like me, you experience losses. I had 2 losses followed by my rainbow baby.  I am now pregnant again and went for internal scan. Although by my dates I should have been 6 weeks +1day, the sonographer said I was showing at 5 weeks + 4 days. I couldn't really see anything except for a dot and I think yolk sac. But was lucky enough to see a flicker of a heartbeat. I do have ligament pain so these niggles are completely normal. Easier said than done but TRY not to worry.  Good luck x

• Hi I'm 5 weeks pregnant I had some light bleeding 4 days ago went to the epu yesterday for an internal scan they seen a tiny sac but nothing in it. They said that they are leaning towards the fact that I had an early miscarriage. They took blood tests and asked me to do another pregnancy test in two weeks time. If they said that they think I miscarried because they could only see a small empty sac and me bleeding is it possible that I could still be pregnant? 

• Personally I think you could be. I also think it could be too early for them to assume. I hardly saw anything at 5 weeks 4 days (or 6 weeks by my dates). Have you done a test? Hopefully it was just too early and an implantation bleed and no clots. I would definitely go back for another scan and hopefully you will see more. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you x

• the midwife said to wait for 2 weeks then do a test again. it was just yesterday when I found this out. but she seen a small empty sac and showed me but she's convinced I miscarried hopefully that's not the case 

• Oh I see. Well hopefully she is wrong and you will get a positive result again and you will see a blinking from little one's heartbeat. Good luck hun.  Keep us posted x