Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

First doc's appointment 7 1/2 weeks is that too late?

I think with my little girl I had my first doc's appointment at 5 weeks but the first I could book in to see my doc was end of July-I have literally only just found out I'm pregnant. Does 7 1/2 weeks sound ok for hospital referral appointment with doc?

Replies

• Hi,

I am 4+4 & went to docs on Friday as I have had problems in the past so I wanted to be referred to early pregnancy. I was told that you don't need to see a doctor anymore you just need to inform them & book in with midwife at around 8 weeks.

Not sure if that's the same everywhere or not.

Congratulations anyway. Hope you have a happy & healthy 9 months. x

• Doesnt sound late at all to me chick.

In our area you dont get to see the Doctor, you just get booked in and seen at 8 weeks by the midwife x

• Same as above for us - book in with mw at 8 weeks xxx

• Dont worry its not too late. I saw doc at 5 weeks but in our area you dont book with MW until after your 12 weeks scan ( straight after). xx

• hi ya well i found out about 2 1/2 weeks ago that i was pregnant with my 4th and phoned up straight away to see doc but they said you go straight to midwife now just been on holiday to spain for 2 weeks and havent got appointment till mid july will be about 9 weeks then bit concerned as had micarriage around 9 weeks with last 1