Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

does anyone actually believe the old wives tales about the sex of baby?

hey this is my first time posting i just want 2 say how rubbish most of the old wives tales are with my pregnancys! ive got 2 boys and am now pregnant with a girl and all 3 pregnancys were the same! anyone actually had diffrent pregnancies with diffrent sex? the one about your wee being neon and it being a boy hasnt been right with me i had it with all 3 pregnancys!

Replies

• I dont know about having a different pregnancy as im only on baby #2 and dont know the sex yet, but as far as urine goes i do think that is true. If you used the water from a red cabbage after  you have boiled it and add some pee into it, there will be a color change to pink if its a boy and no change if its a girl. .. i think its that way around anyway lol. That was right for my daughter and im planning on doing it again next week to see what it says for this baby.

• Nat-bee - that is brilliant!!! I hadnt heard that one before. Now I have to try it- does it need to be fmu?? I would have though any urine would have caused a slight chnge given urine isnt clear???

No generally think they are rubbish but is fun to try and guess if your not finding out xx

• The neon wee thing is down to the b vitamins in your multivitamin,nothing to do with baby's sex from what I've read.