Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Need some help!!

Hello, I am 6 weeks pregnant and on Monday night after sex I bled alot!!!! I was rushe to a&e and they did tests, they said baby was ok at the moment but I need to come back Tuesday next week for more tests as it could lead to a miscarriage!!!!! Has anyone else had any problems like this atall?? Just need a little support as my doctor didn't tell me anything and is really worrying me?? Thanks Danielle

Replies

• Hi Danielle,

Sorry for late reply.  How are you now?  Has the bleeding slowed?

I bled throughout my 1st trimester in pregnancy 2 like a 15wk long light period.  We bleed during pregnancy for a number of different reasons - your ligaments may have torn slightly as they have stretched to their new positions, you may have a low lying placenta, your cervix may be extra sensitive - it doesn't always mean something bad.  Sadly the GP/MW won't know exactly what the cause is straight away.

Whilst waiting further tests (hard though it may be) it is best to relax as much as possible as this should help slow the bleeding down.  You should avoid heavy lifting (ideally nothing over 15lbs) where you can & continue looking after your own health/diet.  As previously mentioned there are several possible outcomes, whatever yours may be you will find help/support upon here.

Best wishes.

• On an extra note, if you're worried about rhesus neg/pos & needing anti-d, if you are rhesus neg & do need anti-d jabs it won't happen until you are over 13wks into term. x