Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Early pregnancy cramp

Hi ladies,

I am six weeks pregnant and have been suffering from very strong stomach cramps - like bad period pains - since I found out I was pregnant - there's no bleeding and everything else seems normal. They don't last all day but come probably for about half an hour in the afternoons/early evening. (they were really strong after sex and it's really put me off!)

Anyone else experiencing this?

Froggy 

Replies

• Options
    I had this until around 12 weeks. It's totally normal it's just ur womb streaching. If u are still worried I would speak to ur dr/midwife but it should be fine if u haven't had any bleeding
  • Options
    after sex is totally normal,especially if you had the big O.Quite often cramping can be related to dehydration as well,I know it is hard enough having to get up several times to pee in the night but a big glass of water will often ease the cramping.As Alice said it is often just down to stretching as well.You stop noticing the stretching pains after a while.