Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Early Scan - Anxious and Nervous

I'm due for a scan on Monday and I'll 6w6d, baby is a clomid baby and the fertility clinic always do an early scan to check everything is okay. Really anxious that there'll be no heartbeat. Has anyone else had an early scan? How was it? What could you see? 

Replies

• Hi hun, I had a scan at 6+1. It's internal so they insert a long 'wand' into your vagina. We could see the sac, pole and heart beat. My friend conceived with Clomid and at her first scan she saw a sac with a heart beat, and a second empty sac. By the next scan the second sac had also developed a heart beat, and she is now mummy to gorgeous 10 month old twins! Good luck hun- look forward to hearing how you get on! image x
  • Hi DottysBird

Thank you, I am just so nervous that there'll be nothing there or no heartbeat. That's brilliant that you were able to see a heartbeat at 6+1. I'll be 6+6 so hopefully I'll be able to see the heartbeat. 

I'm no stranger to internal scans sadly, the fertility clinic I've been at seems to want to do one every time I have an appt, even if its just an appt for blood tests!

Tomorrow afternoon now! Fingers crossed

• How did your scan go hun? xx
  • It went well thanks Dotty. We could see heart beat and yolk sac. Measuring as 6+3 but I'm actually 6+5. The nurse wasn't concerned about that at all and has discharged me from their clinic to the normal prenatal team. Feel very lucky and happy.

• Awwww fab news! Don't worry too much about dates. Mine changed a fair bit during my early scans! You get your official date at your 12 week scan. Congratulations on your lovely news! xx
  • Afraid I'm dropping out of the pregnancy forum. We went another scan yesterday after some more bleeding and the little bean was perfect, right size but no heartbeat. Must have died a day or two ago. Booked in for a D&C tomorrow, want to get straight back to TTC and hope to be back here soon.

• So sorry to hear that hun. Thinking of you. xxx

• Thanks Dottysbird, I hope to be back here again soon x