Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

pre eclampsia

hi, was hoping people may share their experiences of pre eclampsia? i started with hhigh blood pressure with my ds around 32 weeks and developed mild pre eclampsia from 34 weeks. i am pregnant again and currently 31+ weeks. i am shared care and have been prescribed asprin by my consultant since 14 weeks to try and prevent pre eclampsia. thheadachis weekend I've had to have the midwife out as i have had some visual disturbances and headaches. my bp has gone up.and at present my urine is clear. im seeing my consultant again tomorrow so will be able to ask more questions then. just wondered if anyone had any experiences of having pre eclampsia and what treatment they had? also.has anyone had pre eclampsia more than once and if so is it more likely to.more serve second time? any response would be great as i feel very emotional at the moment x

Replies

• Hi Glimmer - sorry 
    I cant really help, I havent had pre- eclampsia so  cant offer any practical advice. Make sure you tell you consultant everything and remember that it can come on quickly so if you have any symptoms get to the nearest doctor and get checked out asap. Good luvk at consultant and remember there is no such thing as a silly question x x

• i will ask lots tomorrow. im just dreading a repeat of last time image
  • Hi glimmer

i developed pre eclampsia at 31wks with ds, he was delivered at 32wks, i had no physical symptoms just high bp at a routine midwife check and some protein in urine all happened very quickly was admitted to hospital and they were talking about airlifting me to a hospital in scotland as they were the only ones who had sn incubator ( i live in east mids ) luckily one became available, everything turned out well in the end, im currently trying for no 2 and sm worrying about developing it again, fingers crossed everything will be ok let us know how u get on with consultant . XxX
  • I had pre eclampsia with my first - ended up being on BP medication and being induced as went downhill quite quickly - even though I actually felt fine?! I was told by my consultant that assuming all factors remain the same (ie same father, no other health problems, not too much older) it was unlikely to reoccur. I had some warning signs with 2nd though they didn't progress further luckily. Have since had 2 more pregnancies with no PE related problems. Hope this helps image