Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

piles

My bowels have been a nightmare since falling pg. One extreme to the other until 25w when i find myself clogged up and only going once or twice a week. I am on an extra healthy diet thanks to gestational diabetes. I thought all the extra veg would help. But no. I went to the toilet today at lunch time and Omg it hurt image stool wasn't that hard either. When i wiped i had fresh blood and some fleshy stuff. The toilet was full of blood. I have used the pile cream and sudocrem since. But it still hurts. Just before bed i washed and again more fresh blood image i applied more cream but it stings. I have had piles every pg and after the births but not like this. Any advice/suggestions/comforting words fir me? Sorry for the tmi post :'-( :'-( :'-( this is my worst pg yet!

Replies

• its funny you've posted this as i have just had a the joy of finding a pile today!! i had piles with my first pregnancy.and.afterwards also. i too am using cream but not getting much relief! mine doesn't sound as bad as yours as at the moment i have no bleeding. unfortunately i don't have any advice other than i find with regular cream being applied i find symptoms ease after about a week. are u piles internal or external?? if external maybe one of those cushioned rings may.give.some relief x
  • I'm sure you know this anyway but you need to drink loads of water on top of eating the veg as the fibre draws water out of the gut which is what normally helps you go but in pregnancy as you are using so much more water there is less available for that use.

If that doesn't help I got this spray after I had my little girl, it was the only thing that helped with the pain of the piles-earth mama angel baby new mama bottom spray.

I had the cream as well but the spray is what really helped the discomfort.I have on idea why I'm afraid!
  • Thank you ladies. I have been much more comfy today and Will try anything. Not opened my bowels today mind! That spray sounds awesome. The pile was just internal. I suffer a bit whether pg or not Tbh. Never had that much blood so think pile was exterminated lol. Xxx