Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

No symptoms is this normal...

Hi I am just about 12 weeks today and all my symptoms have gone except for a little frequent urination.  I have googled it and got different opinions on different sites but I wondered if any of you felt the same.  I have not had morning sickness anyway, just nausea and light headedness now and again and breast tenderness for most of the first 12 weeks.  The midwife said it was quite normal to not have morning sickness and I saw the baby and heartbeat at 10 weeks but now I just feel "normal" and am not showing or anything.  Am I being over anxious?  Does anyone have any advice please?  Thank you xx

Replies

• Hi

I think its pretty normal for symptoms to dissapeer at 12 weeks or so ...its hard because there is still no movement etc but just be rest assured that if u have heard heartbeat etc and seen a scan everything is fine xx

• Hi!

During my first pregnancy I had no symptoms at all...just felt completely normal! If you have had your scan and all was ok then you're fine...probably one of the lucky ones who doesn't get many symptoms! And as igitigi says its normal for symptoms to start tailing off after 12 weeks anyway!

I must admit that during my first pregnancy I borrowed a doppler from a friend and I was able to find babies heartbeat from about 14 weeks which was very reassuring until I started to feel movements! The only downside to these is that its very common to not be able to find the heartbeat which can cause unnecessary worry!

If only we could all have a scan once a week! xxx

• Thank you igitigi & babe33 for the reassurance.  My next scan is not until the 6th November which seems ages away.  Hopefully I will have felt something by then and not be as anxious.  Thnaks again x

• My symptoms come and go. My midwife, doctor and consultant all reassured me that it is perfectly normal, especially at the beginning of the second trimester. image Just try to not overdo things with getting your energy back. I made the mistake of a huge meal on Sunday and was as sick as a parrot all day yesterday. Back to little and often for me! image
  • Hi princessbella, I'm 33 weeks now and have barely had any symptoms so try not to worry image I know it's only natural but just relax and enjoy it!  x