Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Turned back after ecv?

Hi, i had an ecv yesterday as baby was breech, i was 37+1. It was very painful and a horrible experience but i was at least happy it worked.

Today i feel awful, like ive been hit by a truck, im in a lot of pain in my abdomen and getting shooting pains down below and also an increase in vaginal discharge. Also im about 99% certain little one has turned right back to breech as i have the same big bump under my ribs n feel the same as before.

I dont have another appointment now until im 38+5 and i know by then my chance for maybe having successful ecv again are a lot slimmer. I dont know wether to ring the hospital and explain or not? Are they likely to see me before then? Also are these symptoms normal after ecv. Ive been looking online but struggling to find any answers. Thanks

Replies

• Hi Kayleigh,

Try not to panic about LO having turned, both my girls were high up into my ribs once they had turned head down, it could well be baby's bottom this time.

Are you still having pains?  If so call your hospital delivery suite, they could be the start of labour.

Best wishes & good luck.

• Hi, thanks for the reply. Its really hard to tell now which way round he is as im getting so much pressure down below and i feel like hes breaking my pubic bone it hurts that much. The pains just sort of come and go, theres no pattern to them so im assuming im just getting a lot of braxton hicks for now.

• If you are around 37wks you will be considered 'full term' now so labour can happen anytime from now until 42wks (the point which they normally intervene).

Labour can start with BH contractions which will steadily grow in number until they fall into a regular pattern & length (alas this can take anything from hours to days).  The pressure down below is normal as baby descends ready to be born (often engaging & disengaging up until you enter labour).

In short your symptoms are all promising that things have gone successfully & baby is making the preparations for being born.  Best wishes & good luck.