Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

pregnant with a cyst

I've had quite a bit of bleeding the last 3 weeks, I've had 2 scans both show baby is fine and is measuring 7-8weeks image On my 1st scan they noticed I had a cyst 5x5cms on my right ovary. Could this be causing my bleeding, is the baby at risk if the cyst burst? Epu have told me not to worry, but I don't think it's normal to have so much discharge while pregnant image Anyone else been through anything similar??

Replies

• Hi, its weird you bring this up because my consultant also noticed i had a cyst but she said that it was normal in the early days, apparently it is a cyst that helps to create the begginings of the fetus. Well i never heard this before but she said it was normal and harmless. Perhaps you should ask more questions about it.

• Isn't it odd :-O I've got a Drs appointment Monday, so I'll do all I can to get as much info out of her as I can in my 10mins slot lol

Hope your well xxxxx
  • I wouldn't worry if they aren't as i have since read that it is perfectly normal for a small cyst to develop on the ovary to help maitain the preganancy. Normally by 12 weeks it has disappered when the placenta takes over. Can understand your concern as this is my 3rd and i have only just learned this. Often we don't know about it unless we have had an early scan. I think it becomes a problem if it is particulary large or in the wrong place but even then some people go through the pregnancy with it pushed to one side. Don't worry too much about it. x Also i understand that some people do have some bleeding in pregancy even though the baby seems fine, this is supposed to be normal too.