Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Bad dreams & Worry

Hello, 

I've found out i'm pregnant.  I've not had my first mid-wife appointment but i'm roughly 6 weeks.  

I am very hormonal, am worrying about the pregnancy already and about things that could go wrong.  I had a bad nightmare that I lost the baby and can't stop worrying about it.  I am feeling very anxious.

I'm already starting to put weight on around my belly, is this normal? 

My first baby, i'm so happy but am pretty nervous about the whole process.

Replies

• Hi There, I am also expecting my first almost 10weeks, the nerves have still not gone away, it's a funny feeling because you do not know what to expect! I have also not told many people so when i am feeling rough you have to lie! I also started putting on weight from 6 weeks, hope all goes well xx
  • Aww thank you for the reply, I've also told noone, apart from my partner so I do feel quite alone which is why i've joined here.  I'm not really sure when I want to tell people yet, will probably wait until my first scan.  I'm glad i'm not the only one putting weight on so early, I didn't know whether that was normal or not image I hope all goes well for you also xxx

• I haven't told many people, told a close friend and that's about it, makes you feel very isolated, that's why these forums are great! I am waiting till my 12 weeks scan then tell a few people, good luck with everything! Xxx