Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Feeling rubbish!

Hi all, I am almost ten weeks pregnant and seem to have picked up every bug under the sun! From sore throat to now a nice heavy dry cough! And stinking cold! Also loads of headaches and nausea and some sickness! Would just like to know if anyone else has had any of the same problems! Or is my immune system slightly on the low side! One of the things that is worrying is I've not had time off sick for years! Any advice would be great xxx ps first timer! Xx

Replies

• I feel just the same it's horrid cos we can't take anything but just rest as much as u can , don't worry about work your health is more important x
  • Hey boo1977 - you're immune system is lower while you're pregant, it's so your body doesn't fight the baby - having said that, it does mean you're more susceptible to picking up cough and cold bugs. Make sure you're taking your vitamins and try to get lots of rest - you can take paracetamol for the headaches. I'm 14+2 and keep feeling like I'm getting a cold, apparently being quite snotty (sorry TMI), is also very common in early pregancy.

Hope this helps and hope you feel better soon xxxx

• Thank you both so so so much! It's just so so weird, have not been Ill for ages! Trying to rest and sleep it out! Have not told work so it's difficult, really difficult! Thank you again. Xxxxxx