Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Confusing pregnancy test result. Help!

Replies

• If it has color (pink, purple, blue) even after 25 minutes it's very likely u are pregnant, if it's grey or colorless and after the time indicated it should be an evaporation line. Relax image
  • What about dye runs? There is a small one on my test I have a line and its pink but IDK if its pink from a dye run or a Faint line?

• Can anyone help? I have done 3 one step pregnancy strip tests and everone has had two lines bt the second one isn't in the test area but it is a definite line?!
  • Hi guys,

I took 5 htp yesterday 3 had a faint pink like about 10 mins after dipping the test! AF due in 4 days! 2 test had a line come up about an hour after.

Went to the doctor today he told me that it's not a positive test if it came up after 5mins! I had a hcg done and get the results back tomorrow! When I got the hcg done the lady who took my blood also did a htp after 5 mins no lines were there so she said it was negative image I don't know what tk believe !
  • Nice info for everyone, im also confused on the two test i made still hoping for a better reault, all the pt were dry and still pink in color, roy made it clearer, tnx a lot ♥

• hi, can anybody help me, my periods are always on time, I always have a three week break and then on the fourth week I come on, but I was due on my period last week on the 27th and I still haven't come on, on Friday the 31st I took a strip test and the test came out with two lines the top one was dark pink and the bottom one was light pink but on the packet it says that for it to be positive the top one is light pink and the bottom one is dark pink, I'm confused and I still haven't come on...

• Hi Jai Hart did you do another test? It sounds positive to me! ????
  • Thank you that has giving me a lot of hope I have had 3 faint pink lines and few negative ones 

• Thank you Roy that really helpful and has also gave me some hope as I have had 3 really faint pink lines 

• I am absolutely confused lol! I took a "lab strip" pregnancy test today, and I had one dark control line and half a very faint test line. I was surprised due to me being overly anxious and taking the test 9 days before expected AF. My question would be...is there anyway that the test is picking up some very light and early signs of HCG? OR- is it way to early for there to be any of the HCG hormone in my urine and the test was a dud or somthing? Im confused, anxious and well...Confused...lol I have read through the previous comments which were very informative, but if anyone has any input I would really appreciate it!! Thank you image

• hi I'm very confused for 2days I've had positive readings ov a faint line strsight after dipping into urine then mineuts after it goes into a negitive am I pregnant or is this test playing with my head? Been ttc for 8yrs 5mc and 1eptopic I don't know what's happening its same test btw just changes to beg after pos result. Then I did a digital to be sure and its not pregnant after 5-10 mins of waiting 

• I got a faint line in my home pregnancy test wether I am pregnant or not I have confused can u help me 

• can't find your reply

• Same happened to me.  It was way too early to test I couldnt help it... but it did turn blue even if it was a few hours later (which means hcg had to be present right)  maybe the test (drug.store brand) was very sensitive and like Roy said picked up hcg eventually.  The next day different test (dollar store one) bfn day after that (dollar store again) bfn again.  Now 13 dpo bfp!!!  

• I done two tests today to be sure of my result and both came up with very faint positive lines. Really confused. Need some advice as I'm really scared about this. Can any mums or mums-to-be give me some advice please? I know most of what I have to know but I've never actually been through a pregnancy before. Help? Anyone with advice please PM me.

• hi Meaghann, hello and welcome to MadeForMums!

We're just letting you know we have edited out your email address from your post for safety and security reasons (we don't recommend posting your email publicly anywhere - you never know who's looking!)

By the way, we have a private messaging system here, so you can always ask
    people to PM you instead! All the best.

• Hi ladies I wondered if you could give me some advice. I have done 3 home pregnancy tests over the last 3 days as I think there's a chance I could be pregnant. The last time I had intercourse was 2 weeks 1 day ago and no protection was used. My first test came back negative the second one came back with a very very faint second line also a faint line in the control window so unsure if it has worked properly? My third test came back with a faint second line but darker faint second line more than the second test but same again a faint line in the control window?

I am weeks late for my period although I do have pcos and are not always regular but even so this is still quite late for me as I usually get my periods once every 1 and a half months and it's just going past 2 months late now. Also I have a water infection for the first time in years and wondered if this could be linked? I am feeling sick with my water infection but I don't feel like I have any other pregnancy symptons but is this because it's way to early? 

I have also read through the pregnancy test leaflets and it says results could be misleading with people who have pcos so I don't know what to think 

Would really appricate someone's advice as I don't know what to think! I am new to this and have never been pregnant before 

thanks!!

• Can you tell me what does this result mean?

• I have one pink and one very unvisible white line on my test. What does it mean? Did you have result like this? 

• I took a clear blue test and it says that im not pregnant, but then I took 2 off brand tests and they both had a dark pink line and a faint pink line.? My husband and i have been trying for 3 years to have a child and I don't want to get to excited, but I'm freaking out.! Could it possible mean something different?