Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Confusing pregnancy test result. Help!

1171819202123»

Replies

• Hello! Can I get some opinions on this?? What do evap likes look like? It’s hard to get an actual answer on google. This test looked pretty - this morning and it was out in the bin pretty much bang on 5 minutes haha. But then I just felt I should look again so took it out and this?? Doesn’t look faint.. I’ve had 3 other tests (not clear blue) and they all are VERY faint and I mean like so faint if someone else showed me I’d be like no but because were trying so hard I’m looking as close as I can haha. But what classifies evap? I’ll be testing again but just would love opinions or experiences? Xx  l
  • Trudie x said:
    Hi everyone. Im new to this site but i was hoping that maybe you could help me. I was due on my period today and havent come on. Im been urinating frequently and so tired. So i took a test today however the result was quite weird lol. I dipped 2 of these tests into a jar of my urine 1 came out negative, and the other had half of a faint line that showed up. I dnt kno if it means sumthing or just test was weird lol. If i can put a picture on here i will. Just need to figure out how lol xxx

Iwa L said:
    If it has color (pink, purple, blue) even after 25 minutes it's very likely u are pregnant, if it's grey or colorless and after the time indicated it should be an evaporation line. Relax
    Hello, Trudie x, I agree with Iwa L, and at the same time, I am confused to as to my test results. I took about five tests on Saturday morning (all Walmart Equate, blue lines) and they all had a faint positive line. I also took one .88 cent Walmart test that had a very faint pink line on it. All of my test changed to faint positives within 2 mins. The question for me is WHAT IS THE LIKELY HOOD THAT EVEN A CHEAP WALMART TEST COULD GIVE ME FIVE OR SIX FALSE POSITIVES? HOW CAN THEY ALL LOOK SIMILAR BUT BE BFN? It does not make sense. All I can do is sit and wait and try not to frustrate. These test, and all blue tests, get bad reps but come on!
  •  Cont ....changed colour (pink or blue depending on the test etc), then, whilst the urine has spent several hours travelling up the stick from one end to it's other – and 'dripping out at the other end – the urine has been passing over the 'pregnancy' area all the while. Therefore, even if the HCG levels are virtually undetectable (but present in minute quantities), as the urine travels over the pregnancy-assay, the HCG will still be attracted-to (remember the 'chemotaxis' we talked about earlier) and will bind with the molecules in the pregnancy-assay – hence a positive coloured line showing up to several hours after the test was done. Like I said, no other molecule or hormone will make the pregnancy-assay change colour – except HCG. So, if after an hour, or several hours, you have a coloured line in any way, then HCG has been detected – and HCG can only be found in your urine if an egg has been fertilised. So let's not have any more if this 'evaporation line' confusion. If it's slightly grey or remains white – however long after the test you look - then no HCG is present. But if it 's coloured – then HCG is present – in whatever concentration – because only HCG can bring about the colouration of pink/blue, depending on the test you are using. And finally, some tests don't dry out for days – sometimes many days (especially those that you put the caps back on) - so the water-content of the urea has not even evaporated – yet people still go on about 'evaporation lines' – which, in my opinion, is nonsense. And for the record, my Wife's test had a coloured line several hours after we did the test – and I knew she was pregnant – despite the articles I read on the internet about evaporation lines. And indeed, the next tests proved that she was. I am critically aware of the intense emotions involved when people are hoping or trying to become pregnant - and I hate to think of the emotional heartache and anxieties that these mixed or uncertain test-results can cause - hence the reason for taking the time to write this short article. I hope it helps, and feedback - whether positive or otherwise - is always useful. Take care - and lots of baby-dust - to all prospective Mums-n-Dads

Cont ....changed colour (pink or blue depending on the test etc), then, whilst the urine has spent several hours travelling up the stick from one end to it's other – and 'dripping out at the other end – the urine has been passing over the 'pregnancy' area all the while. Therefore, even if the HCG levels are virtually undetectable (but present in minute quantities), as the urine travels over the pregnancy-assay, the HCG will still be attracted-to (remember the 'chemotaxis' we talked about earlier) and will bind with the molecules in the pregnancy-assay – hence a positive coloured line showing up to several hours after the test was done. Like I said, no other molecule or hormone will make the pregnancy-assay change colour – except HCG. So, if after an hour, or several hours, you have a coloured line in any way, then HCG has been detected – and HCG can only be found in your urine if an egg has been fertilised. So let's not have any more if this 'evaporation line' confusion. If it's slightly grey or remains white – however long after the test you look - then no HCG is present. But if it 's coloured – then HCG is present – in whatever concentration – because only HCG can bring about the colouration of pink/blue, depending on the test you are using. And finally, some tests don't dry out for days – sometimes many days (especially those that you put the caps back on) - so the water-content of the urea has not even evaporated – yet people still go on about 'evaporation lines' – which, in my opinion, is nonsense. And for the record, my Wife's test had a coloured line several hours after we did the test – and I knew she was pregnant – despite the articles I read on the internet about evaporation lines. And indeed, the next tests proved that she was. I am critically aware of the intense emotions involved when people are hoping or trying to become pregnant - and I hate to think of the emotional heartache and anxieties that these mixed or uncertain test-results can cause - hence the reason for taking the time to write this short article. I hope it helps, and feedback - whether positive or otherwise - is always useful. Take care - and lots of baby-dust - to all prospective Mums-n-Dads

• So I saw Roy's comment about the tests and I was wondering if anyone can help me out. I am going to test again, but I'm really confused with the test I just took today. The result screen completely turned blue but I did everything the test said to. I took a clearblue test this morning and peed on it for as long as it said to and didnt get any pee on the result window or pee on it for longer than it said to. Roy's comment said it wont change color but I'm wondering if it's possible that because it seems to have flooded that might be why it changed color?
  • Hi do you think I may be pregnant?