Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Pains in hips

Hi guys, I'm a first time mum of 19 and I'm 14 weeks 6 days gone. For the past week I've been suffering with hip pain and stabbing pains in my tummy. When I went to A&E I was told it was a urine infection but it turns out it wasn't. I just wondered if anyone else experienced this during their pregnancy? Up for any discussion just don't feel the doctors are going to believe me!

Thank you!

Replies

• Options
    Hiya!!!! I've been experiencing hip pain too!! Predominantly at night when I'm lying on my side! You could be suffering from SPD, it's pain caused by your pelvis stretching and preparing for child birth. Discuss this with your midwife at your next appointment image nothing really seems to help for me and it can be quite random but so you know, paracetamol is totally safe to use throughout your pregnancy!!
  • Options

Hi Chelsealou936,

I have experienced tummy pains I was sent in for an early scan and just had my 12 week scan, I get a stabbing pain in my left side and I was told it is my body changing for the baby so growing pains really, I find that when I get these pains just to rest and it  soon passes.  As to SPD google it as it depends where you get your hip pains.  Hope this helps a little.

Lorna

• Options

Thanks a lot guys! I've been to my GP today, he reckons it's really normal and to take paracetamol and condeine when the pain is unbearable. I don't really feel confortable with taking tablets at the best of times, especially being pregnant, but I guess I'll have to! 

Thanks again it was nice to hear that I'm not actually mental! image

• Options
    Try a nice warm bath image always helps for me. I went to a&e with my pains the other week... Said it was perfectly normal. Also making sure im going to the loo regularly for a number two (sorry) haaha image

I hate taking pain killers. I only take them if i can not cope xx