Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

BFP

So after a miscarriage at 10+4 in December and a lot of negative results since, today I got my BFP! I'm booked in to see a doctor to confirm it on Wednesday but I don't know how to feel... I can't believe it and have to keep looking at the tests to make sure I'm not seeing things, and tbh I feel totally sick thinking of how excited I was last time to then miscarry. My question is how long will it take to feel real, my guess is that it'll be after I've had a scan and been told my baby is healthy? And what's the chances of a second miscarage? Xx

Replies

• I lost my first baby too at 8 weeks...I can feel my baby moving now and it still dosnt feel real! I dont think it will sink in untill i have my baby in my arms!

Loosing a baby is devastating and it ruined the first 13 weeks of this pregnancy with constant fear of another m/c!

But once you see your baby it does seem more 'real' and can start to relax, i still worry now. If i dont feel my baby moving for a day or too i panic but then eventualy flump will give a wiggle or a kick!

As for a second m/c...i really dont know hun, we are all different

Im hear to support if you need a buddy, i know how hard those first 12 weeks can be image xx

• Thanks for sharing your experience, and congratulations on your pregnancy, do you know the sex of baby?

I managed to get an appointment today and the doctor confirmed it and is referring me, also I'm lucky enough to get an early scan at 6 weeks or so, now if just got to sit tight and wait for an appointment to come through. I don't 'feel' pregnant, possibly because of the mc, did you feel pregnant when you first got your BFP this time? Xx
  • hello brunetter mummy i  was in the exact same position that you have been in i had a miscarriage last year and was 10 week 5 days and it took 6 months to get pregnant i found out  i was pregnant day my baby of miscarriage was suppost to be born hoe strange i kept looking at my tests and taking more of them as i couldent beleive it i have had some scans and baby seems healthy i have a 10 week scan tomorrow so scared as  i found out i had a missed miscariage just after 10 weeks the percentage after one miscarriage is suprisingly low goes down by a little % and i dont feel pregnant im 10 week and no symtoms atall  xx good luck hunny im sorry for your loss x

• Hi missI, firstly sorry for your loss, maybe your body held out for that date for a reason image it must have made light of a difficult day for you and your partner. Secondly congratulations!!

Ah I'm so glad I'm not the only who feels this way, I've used up all the tests I had and I'm not allowed to buy any more now lol!! It's good to hear the chance of a second mc is lower, that's my biggest fear ATM because I don't feel pregnant and I don't know how I'd cope if it happened again. Good luck for tomorrow's scan I hope everything is good and well, you'll have to update us once you've seen your little miracle! Xx
  • hello image and it felt weird thats the only month we actually dident try really atall and it happend on that date so maybey it was someone trying to tell me something and yes defintally made our day a little happier thank you same goes your way

i keep using tests i have stopped now lol  spending lots of money on test wasent the best way  haha  its hard i am the same if it happend i actually cant say how i be i will just want to crawl in a corner if i can be honest  i dont feel pregnant i did last time this time i dont and thank you i have saw the heart beating as i have had early scans because of miscarriages in past but hope all is good tomorrow i hope your scan goes well when your time for the scan comes good luck  xx

• Congrats Brunette! It is totally understandable why you are nervous, so dont be too tough on yourself! I got the occasional spell of dizzyness around when my af was due, but my first real pregnancy symptoms were around 7 weeks with my daughter (who is almost 4) - feeling sick, constant peeing, tiredness etc.

Really hoping things are ok this time around. I mc my 2nd pregnancy in Feb & am ttc. It is positive stories like yours that keep me going x x

• To be honest last month we really chilled out about it ect as my cycle has been a mess since the MC it's the first month I actually waited until after AF was due to test, by 3 days... and in all honesty I expected a BFN so was in complete shock when that second pink line appeared.

Thankyou missI hearing from others in the same situation helps so much knowing that you know how sensitive the issue is, all the best for tomorrw xx

Hi superstar, that's the same as me. I have a son who is 4 and a half but he wasnt planed as I had him when I was just 18 so didn't even know I was pregnant until 10 weeks in and I really don't remember a great deal of the pregnancy. Sorry for your loss, its hard but don't give up hope, it will happen when you least expect it to image im glad my story helps! I've actually been super tired and a few dizzy/ligjt headed spells but I assumed it was me getting over a bad cold I had a couple of weeks back. Good luck TTC and I hope to see your 'BFP' post real soon!! Xx
  • I got my bfp around my due date too lol wierd how the body works!

I didnt even consider testing at the time as it was the christmas rush and boy was i rushing....to the point i nearly fainted in primark! And it clicked....OH what if im pregnant?!!?? took a test and there it was clear as day lol

And this was the result i got! Was shocked to say the least lol

• And i decided not to find out the sex, i love surprises image

• hello Brunette Mummy hope your all well i had my 10 week scan and thought i would attach a picture how are you feeling

• yey hello little bean!

• Congratulations supersqish, love how your banner says baby is the size of a banana!!

Ahh babyyy thats lovely missI, are you feeling a little more at ease now? Im fine thank you had a phone call yeatersay to say I'll be sent for a scan next week so just holding on for another phone call with an appointment. How are you? Xx

• Got my scan date, after having to ring the hospital myself as my doctors surgery failed to refer me to the correct department. And they wont scan until 7 weeks so got to wait until the 2nd of may, the nerves have already kicked in so in 2 weeks I can see myself being an emotional wreck. Xx

• Have you got a emergency pregnancy unit go in say your cramping on one side and they have to scan you xx
  • As hard as it is not to panic and be anxious, I don't thing early scans are the best idea. We have them at 12 weeks ish for a reason, the chances of mc after this point are relatively low, before this they are much more frequent. I have had 3 mc, the latest being a mmc at 12 weeks after we had an early scan and saw a lovely, healthy heartbeat at 7.5 wks.

I would say unless you genuinely have pain or any bleeding that you just wait for your first scheduled scan.

I wish you the best of luck with your pregnancy.

Xx
  • I don't mind waiting untill may 2nd for a scan as one of the midwives said they wait until then because they dont always expect to see anything before 6 weeks, plus it falls nicely as my partner already has that day off work.  I wouldn't tell them im in pain if im not as last time when I had a mc they tried to force a surgery on me to 'check' for ectopic pregnancy, even though the scan was clear and I was in no pain at that point, I think it was as precaution to cover their own backs because I had a small cyst on one of my ovaries which I was later told is very normal in very early pregnancy. plus I have a pregnancy symptom now, who'd have ever thought someone would be glad to have sore nipples! just got to sit tight and be patient until my scan I guess xx

• it depends how you feel if your cramping or have worries then the best thing would be a scan i had missed miscarriage and had a feeling and i wasr right  and make sure things are in place its such a ease of mind having a scan but it depends it you feel fine then wait xx

• Thanks for the advice missI if I get any cramping/pain or bleeding I'll be straight down the hospital but touch wood I feel fine so hoping and praying that in 11 days when I have my scan we see our beautiful miracle with a good strong heart beat. I've been reading so many positive stories about pregnancy after MC and it's made me feel a little calmer especially when I relate to a certain experience. We've decided to not tell anybody either until we know so I'm quite enjoying not having people fuss about asking me how I am ect.. just 11 to wait now. Hopefully it'll fly by xx

•  good luck for your scan you should be fine and your little sticky bean will be flashing i have a scan in 2 and half week 13 week scan so excited but i havent got past the stage im at now as i miscarried so kind scared xx good luck hun finers crossed  for you  xx