Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

my boyfriend doesnt want sex anymore since my bump got big

its only been the last few weeks when my baby started to drop and engage and my bump has grown more than usual (im 37wks) and we havent had sex for ages. last night i decided to ask him. he says hes scared of hurting the baby. and knowing how close the babys head is when hes inside me and it puts him off. i kind of feel like he thinks im fat and doesnt get turned on anymore. he promised me its not that and we still do nice things, go out for meals, watch movies, snuggle up. hes always feeling the baby move..... but just no sex.... has anybody elses partner been like this at the end? is it normal?

Replies

• Hi Louise, yes it's perfectly normal for men to worry about harming/hitting baby whilst having sex with you whilst your pregnant (mine was always asking after sex as well 'was I sure he hadn't hurt it').

Baby is perfectly well cushioned in there & can actually enjoy it when you orgasm.  You could suggest you try the 'jockey' position (he lies down & you sit on top) so that bump isn't squashed & you can control how deep he goes.

At 37wks the one thing he may want to avoid is coming inside you (it can act like a membrane sweep & trigger labour).

Best wishes & enjoy your last few weeks before baby.