Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Bleeding in early pregnancy

I am 8weeks pregnant and in the last few hour started bleeding lightly. I have experienced cramps on and off for a few weeks but not at the moment, constantly feel like i need to go to the loo. I have called the midwife and she didnt give me much info other than to relax and wait til tuesday ( four days from now) as its a bank holiday. I have spoken to friends who have had healthy pregnancies and mc's and they are saying it could be anything. Has anyone else experienced this and been ok? image

Replies

• I'm sorry you're going through this, it really is worrying isn't it?  How is the bleeding today? Has it continued? 

I know of many women this has happened to, including myself and some have positive outcomes and some don't.  Do you have a hospital with an early pregnancy unit attached? Maybe go there and they will scan you so you know what's happening.

Wishing you the best of luck. 

Xx

• Thanks, bleeding has died right down this morning and still no cramping so hoping all is ok image. It was the early pregnancy unit I called, I found them very unhelpful but hopefully it will stop today and it will be nothing to worry about. 

Working later so hopefully that will take my mind off it for a few hours image 

Thanks 

• Hiya,

I had slight bleeding at around 10 weeks, but then continually bled between 12 and 14 weeks. Incredibly scary, but the thing I held on to was that if it was a mc a) you'd have bad pain and b) it would more than 'just blood'.

My thoughts are with you, it's a nightmare when it's over the weekend, because the mws would normally book you for a scan at EPU within 48 hours but due to the weekend it won't be until Tuesday at the earliest.

Around about 8-12 weeks is when the blood vessels from your placenta start to attach and it could just be that a couple 'miss' which causes the bleeding. This is what happened with me, I'm now 31 weeks and had no bleeding since 14 weeks. There are also some women who just bleed throughout (this is what they told me at the hospital when I was having the early scans!) x

• The reasons of bleeding may be different if you want you may read the info about it here http://saymommy.com/mom_1200_abnormal-bleeding-pregnancy.html I hope everything will be ok!

• Hi Bump No1.  I hope you're doing ok.  For what it's worth I bled what was effectively a 15wk light period throughout the 1st trimester with my youngest which scared the hell out of me yet I got to 15wks & suddenly the bleeding stopped & was replaced with strong defined kicks.  It is actually highly common for women to bleed during pregnancy especially within the 1st trimester as everything develops/attaches & starts to move upward & outward.  Best wishes.

• hi,i have my periods on april 13 .After intercourse i have no period on may 13 and i believe i am pregnant.But hcg test is negative.After 2 weeks later that is may 27 i have normal period like bleeding and i am so confused.Is it implantation bleeding or not?plz help

• hiya my name is tara and I'm 22 and this is my 1st pregnancy.. I am 6 weeks pregnant today and have had bleeding it started on the 25th image but was light and after 2days it stopped for 24 hours but started again but iv clots this time but still no pain confussed and no one has been helpfull but in our situations we are best not to worry and pray all is well. wsh you the best of luck and it is the worst thing anyone could go through. due back on the 3rd for another scan