Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

GROUP STREP B

Anyone else have this? I will need a antibiotic iv drip as soon as i go into labour as it can be harmful to baby when it passes through the birth canal....

Replies

• Options

I know of lots of people who have had it! Seems to be quite common now-a-days but nothing to worry about as long as you get your antibiotics before delivery!

• Options

Yeah- thats what midwife said. Hoping it wont affect my water birth plans....but dosnt matter aslong as babys ok! 

• Options

Shouldnt affect a water birth as long as everything else is normal! Just a drip that takes about twenty minutes!

• Options

cool image glad they found it, may not have known!

• Options

hey hun i wrote a post about this a while ago i have it to and need antibitoics they have put a luminous sticker on front of my pregnancy books how are you? xx

• Options

Hey I don't have a sticker...image

But when I go into labour I have to ring the hospital and let them know! 

• Options

Must be quite common.... I have a sticker on mine too! Im good thanks, flump is growing well, bang on 28 weeks and is already head down image

Going to london today, got a wedding tomorrow- get to meet my dads side of the family which ive never met image could be wierd!

• Options

Aww! You'll be really popular with that gorgeous bump! I've never met my husbands father which is no where near as scary as meeting a whole side of a family! I go to a wedding next weekend, hoping I look pregnant and not like a sack...will just keep rubbing my belly!! image My children will tell everyone though which makes life easier! image

• Options

Hi i also have group b strep and just wanted to let you know i have been told a water birth isnt allowed with the strep b! 

• Options

Ive been told its ok aslong as i have the antibiotis before my waters break. Different midwifes keep telling me diffrent things!

• Options

Hope it goes as planned for you!! xx