Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

To Keep or Abort :/

Replies

• Only you can decide honey, think about your personal circumstances, do you have/would you have support of family/friends/the childs father? Are you working/in college? Are you ready to become a mum? All I will say is dont leave it too long to decide chick because the further along you get the more attached you will become to your baby and the harder it will be. Noone can force you to keep the child but noone can make you get rid of it either, only you can decide and you have to do whats best for you x Good luck x

• Hey image this isn't a decision anyone can make for you. You need to have a real think about it, taking into account how supportive the father and your family would be and think about how you would feel if you chose to abort.

i've never been in this situation before but one of my best friends had an abortion at 19.  She's 30 now and regrets it. I've never met a young mum who regretted their children.

i don't mean to scare you but you really have to make this decision alone and no one would want you to make a choice you could regret for years to come. 

I think your Dr can give you info on who to contact who can give you skilled advice so i'd recommend you speak to someone like that. Best of luck to u xxx

• By the way when I say a choice you regret I mean whatever you decide. Reading that back it looks like I'm trying to sway your decision which I'm not! Xxx

• heyy,

I had an abortion at 20yrs old. I regret it everyday but it was for the best in the long run. Me and my other half had only been together 3months, i didn't work & we both lived at home with our parents & he had just got out of a 8yr relastionship where he had two kids from ( she would have stopped him seeing them).

I'm now 23 and pregnant again with a lil girl, we have our own house, both working full time.

No one can tell you what to do, its something you have to do. But one bit of advise i will give you - DONT GO THOUGH IT ALONE, talk to your mum, dad or someone close, thats my biggest regret. There is only me and my other that knows about it. And its hard because sometime i want to talk about it and he doesnt. So if i told someone i would have had them to talk too.

Good luck & what ever happens will happen & work out for the best image xx

• I was in a ssimilar situation 6 years ago and i wanted to do the right thibg the babys father didnt want to know and i was so scared and alone i thought very hard about it and decided to abort i knew deep down it was the right thing to do i am now happily married with a 3 year old and one on the way due in january good things do come giod luck whatever u choose xxxxx

• i was in the same position 18 pregnant to my then bf who id only been with 7 months he wanted me to abort i went to the clinic done what i had to do got on the tabke and then saud stop i never wanted to get rid of it i was pushed into it by my bf i walked out the clinic and told him i was keping it and he could have as much or as little to do wuth it as he wanted ... my family were more supportive than i thot ... i went on to havr an amazing littke boy who will be 5 next month me and his dad split when he was born and u done it alone but not for one miment do i regret keeping him x i went bk to work and brot him.up on my own im now with someone who treats him like his own and has done for the last 4 years ... i know how scary it is thinking how youbg you are and no ine ekse woukd want u but believe me there are amazing men out thier who take on ithers kids every day i hope the dad wouldnt leave u but dont feel alone if he did x youbg mums can nake amaxing muns wether they are working in college or on thier own or in a rekationship everyones diferent and no one has the right ti judge u x i just felt that it was mt faukt i got oregnant so i dealt with the consequences of that but u have to do whats rught for u x if u beed soneibe to talk to im here xx 

• There are a lot of couples who would love to adopt a baby if you don't feel ready to raise a child, that would be a nice thing to do to help a couple have a baby. I think you should have the baby, and you will be glad that you did.