Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Baby not moving

Hi all I've been really ill all weekend with this sickness bug, couldn't keep anything in yesterday but luckily had a decent nights sleep and feeling loads better today. Baby  has been moving loads as usual but she normally wakes me up a few times in the night and always has a wriggle in the morning. I don't remember feeling her last night and haven't felt anything yet this morn. I'm gona call the midwife if I don't feel  anything soon but just wondering if maybe it could just be that she's sleeping more cuz I've been so poorly? image x

Replies

• how far along are you? I had real wigglers with my two girls and both of them gave me a couple of days here and there where i hardly felt them, often it was because they had moved positions or I had a busy few days. Im not sure if they get more tired when we are unwell, but my two certainly rested more at night if i had been up and about all day! hope you get reassured by your midwife!

• I'm 22 n a half weeks. I got a doppler and used that this morning her lil hearts still going at it like the clappers so I guess she's just resting as I've had hardly any sleep n been so sick. Ill just feel better when she's moved I think as she's normally really active x

• glad things are good! take it easy for a couple of days and i bet she'll respond to your calm! x

• you can try and motivate her to move by drinking an icy cold drink or something sugary like coke or something. i went to hospital once during my first pg around 29 weeks because baby hadnt moved all day and it was fine. he was just resting. x

• Thanks, she started up eventually she's still a tad quiet but think she's just getting her energy up, that sick bug nearly killed me off! X