Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Brown Spotting

Hello, i am new to this site and would like to see if anyone is in the same position. I am really concerned that i am going through a MMC, Dating from my last period i should be 6+2 i have had brown discharge on & off since the day my Af was due in-between the brown discharge i have had light pink watery discharge and some mixed streaky discharge all of this has been with dull lower backache. I also haven't had not one pregnancy symptom no sickness, no sore breasts, no extra trips to the loo! Nothing i don't feel pregnant at all!! Today the discharge has changed to darker brown and its either been watery discharge or stringy looking and a bit thick it seems to have change throughout the day. I have had a mmc before i had my daughter who is now 2. I have been back & forth my GP for the last week and i now have a booking for tomorrow for an early scan to see what is going on, i know its not going to be good news i have this feeling but nobody van prepare you for the newsimage any comments will be great. Thanks in advance x

Replies

• Options

How did the scan go Hun? I had bleeding and discharge just like yours, pink brown watery and stringy with cramps right up to 10 weeks. Docs said I was prob loosing the baby but all is well. Hope u get good news xx

• Options
    Hi babe how did the scan go? I'm 5 weeks and 5 days iv had no bleeding this time unlike last time in June/July I bled for 15 days and it ended in a m/c, I also have no symptoms this time either apart from feeling tired iv not go the sore boobs or sickness that everyone else seems to have, iv been having cramping the last week nothing like when I had my m/c but I can still feels them, my midwife I saw yesterday told me not to worry if there is no bleeding cramps are normal but I still have the m/c at the back of my mind xx
  • Options
    Hello LH86 & Sarah rowland2, thank you both so much for your replies

Glad all is going well in your pregnancy LH86 & Sarah i am so sorry to hear about your loss in June/July i have everything crossed for u for this pregnancy i am sure it will be good for you i have read a lot of forums and sometimes no symptoms can be completely normal.

Unfortunately my concerns were as i thoughtimage last night i started having light cramping, really bad headache, backache and dark red/plum colour bleeding, i wore a pad but only small amount went on it throughout the night it was mainly when i went to the loo( sorry if this is tmi but i want to put as much info as possible hope it helps someone who is in the same position) i went to the EPU and they done a urine sample to check pregnancy and it came back positive, done an internal scan which confirmed that i am having a very early MC that possible started as soon as i conceived... Couldn't find any sign of pregnancy, checked tubes and said they were clear but as my test said pregnant they wanted to do some bloods to see what is happening and check levels to make sure there is no other problems they seem to think that i have a very early MC or my dates are completely out which i cant see how they would be as my last Af was

14/10 and ovulated on 02/11!!( I do have very irregular cycles ranges 29 days up to 40 days) And surely even if it was a week out i am

Sure something would be seen on scan?will go back on friday to have more bloods to see if levels have dropped or if they are getting higher. Tonight cramps on my left side are getting really painfulimage this pregnancy just wasn't meant to for us this timeimage

X x
  • Options

I'm so sorry chick keep us posted xx

• Options
    Hello,

Just an update ...

I went to EPU today to have second lot of bloods done, had results back from 2 days ago and levels were around 95 which she stated were low but will go on todays ,bloods come back at 34 confirmed MC. I will need to go back a week today to have more bloods they want to ensure the levels are under 10. The last few days have been horrible very heavy bleeding & really bad cramps. I hope this information helps someone who may be in the same position as i was, I searched and searched for answers to what my symptoms meant and i didnt really gave much luck. I did want to just add a lot of blogs /threads etc say that brown discharge is nothing to worry about and its old blood.... That is not always the case ... No matter what colour the bleeding is you need to be checked out. I had brown discharge on & off for two weeks untill it turned into a dark red bleed for about 2 days then bright red & so far i am on day 3 off bright red blood & dont feel as though it will ease up any day soon. Take care x please feel free to ask me any question, if i know the answer i will answer honestly.

xx