Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Presentation scan result :(

Not the result I wanted image baby is completely breech sat like a Buddha with her legs crossed in my pelvis. Been booked in on Thursday at the general obs clinic I assume to discuss my options, they didn't really give me much info I was in and out in 5 minutes. All they said was if I go in to labour before then to go straight in for an emergency section x

Replies

• Oh no , not what you wanted to hear , no wonder you've been in pain , little monkey , but as I said my 1st was breech , the delivery was fine , try not to worry lovely , hope evc is still an option but probably not , my 3rd was thought to be breech , they said I might need a section n I said I had delivered 1 breech so they would have to get the experienced staff in to deal with it , she wasn't breech but would have tried to stick to my guns , they have a duty of care to try n help you with whatever you decide - as long as it doesn't compromise baby or you , good luck hun , thinking of you x x

• sorry it wasn't what you wanted to hear and no wonder you're in pain! Take care hun, not long to go xx

• Sorry to hear this, was really hoping baby would have moved for you. X

• Aww sorry to hear this LH. I know it's not ideal or what you wanted but just think your little girl will soon be here safe and sound whichever way she is born. I'm due to be induced at some point but to be honest I'm hoping that I go into labour naturally before they give me a date as I'm scared shitless of the thought of induction! Xxx

• So sorry LH that it wasn't the news you were hoping for. Hopefully they can give you more information at your next appointment x

• Oh pants Hun.

But I hope there is still a chance of her turning or an ECV.

How are you feeling about an elective section? The feedback from other ladies is quite positive.

Whatever happens she will be here safely in a few weeks and all you will think about is how lovely it is to have her in your arms.

Safe delivery for you both is the best outcome. X
  • I think it doesn't sound as bad as I think it will be, but Id still rather a natural birth. Everyone keeps saying what will be will be but it's easy yo say when it's not u going thru it. It's funny u put ur heart and soul and ur whole life in to something for 9 months and u just kinda expect it to happen how it's supposed to. It's a horrible feeling when it starts to go wrong at the end! I'll feel really disappointed if I have to have a c sec but as long as she gets here safely. I think it's the stay in hospital that puts me off as don't like the idea of leaving lo for a week. Plus I'll really struggle with the school run. But we shall c hopefully she turns or they turn her for me x

• I was only in hospital for two days hun. But i know what its like to have your heart set on something. Theres still time..... fingers crossed. When are the hospital going to try and move her?x

• I think Thursday is going to be another scan and then discuss options so I assume they'll try and turn her the week after  if they can. She's got loads of room in there so I'm quite hopeful that they'll at least give it a try x

• My daughter was breech 2 weeks before I was due and then turned the weeks after. I knew she had turned before I even had the scan as I felt more comfortable she was I breach with legs extended so had her legs over her head. I ended up being induced anyway coz of BP and that didnt work so went in for section after 3 attempts of induction failed. I had her on a Weds and came home Sat. Good Luck xx

• Hi i had an ecv just before new year. It took a long time and they had to pull my babys bottom out of my pelvis basiclly. It was sucessfull..... but then i noticed my syomach.looked very round again and on the 13th of jan (i was 39 weeks and 2 days preg ) i called the hospital and went for a scan,he had gone back to the original breech position and my choices were ecv with induction or elective c. I picked the first option though they said they vouldnt garuntee where the cord would be until the baby was in utero. My first son was born with just gas and air and i was desperate for the same. I went home that night crying because i wasnt sure i made the right vhoice. Then woke up and my waters broke and ended up having an emergency c section. He is 2 weeks old on tuesday. And now i wish instead of havingvthe first ecv i had opted for elective c and spent time planning how i woild manage recovering.the c section is obviously an operation and i was afraid (i cried when they gave me the epidural saying this isnt what i want) but now i think it was safer then the ecv. I have a 5 year old too and so resting is hard which is why i wish i just planned for a c section. I was in hospital for 4 nights. I have said i regret the ecv now he kept moving back and they were really pushimg him. Its a hard choice to make but when i was on the way to the hospital afterr my waters broke my sister text me saying 'it doesnt matter how he gets here as long as he is safe' and i think that is the thing to remember. image
  • Thanks hun ur right as long as she's safe. I've come round to thinking that she's breech for a reason, that's obviously just the way she wants or needs to be this was just the way it was meant to happen I guess x congrats on ur little boy x

• Yeah once i had the c section one of the midwives said to me some babies just dont like to be head down. He still spends 98% of his time bottpm down legs pulled up. Hope everything goes well xxxx
  • Lh with the way you are getting your head around this I have no doubt you will be superb at coping.

How she got here will soon be a distant memory and he fact that you avoided a risky labour and she is safe will be all that counts.

Think you are amazing and obviously made of the right stuff to be a good mummy. Flexible, putting baby before yourself and moving forward positively. What a lucky little lady to have you as her mummy. X
  • Awww bless u that's such a nice thing to say. Thought she was gona pop my waters last night keep getting these awful pains  down below and then remembered this time with my first was when I went in to labour, they've stopped now though. Hang on in there little one not long now! X

• Wishing you the very best for tomorrow.

Not long until you meet her !

Accept all help and rest as much as possible. Xxx
  • hope all is going well for you lh not long at all now and you will have your little one in your arms i still got 10 to 13 weeks left 10 if my health doesnt get better but 13 for when she is due i so cant wait feels like a enternity to go lol

• Looking forward to hearing from you LH xxx