Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

OMG!! they found a heartbeat!!!

2»

Replies

• Huni i would defo call the doctors/midwifes and kick off! if your high risk they should be watching you from 6 weeks on wards!

dont feel bad for saying you just want it to happen, i felt and said that to the epu with my 2 m/c i said i felt heartless but i needed it over so i could get back to normal and be there for my son xxx

• I am getting beyond th  "upset" point no  Sarah an  I am a  th  "angry" stage , how dare they treat m  like this. I nearly died having my last two children as a direct result of their incompetence. With my six year d they had m  on twice daily injections of heparin and didn't monitor my blood levels properly. I should have been on 4,500 mcgms daily split between two injections an  they were giving me two lots of 25,000 mcgrms a day meaning I was  on fifty thousand daily, thousand  more than I should have been an  when my placenta  completely ruptured at forty weeks an  four days they kept seniing me home basically calling me a hypocondriac.i almost died an  My daughter  had to be rescusiitated.  With my youngest they kept telling me from six weeks I needed to see a hemotologist and th  appointment never came through  I got a huge blindingly on my lung and spent from March til November las  year wondering I  it was going to travel to my heart and would I even see my children grow up. I was on cleaner an  warfarin tablets to treat th  clot an  after six month  of warfarin they STILL couldn't be  My dose right an  My inr was ALWAYS wrong. I am just not having it anymore, I am NOT just a.number  or a guinea pig, neither I  My unborn baby. They WILL do what they are paid hundred  of thousands a year to do an  drink in look after me for once. Tomorrow.they will not know.what has hit them lol. God help ANYONE who find me off!! I shall keep you posted xxxxx

• Go to A&E. I went to my doctors for a referal last Monday and she refused to refer me, and basically made me feel like I was wasting her time. She pretty much told me to go home and wait and see if I miscarried. I called the EPU and they were so lovely, they told me to go to A&E and they would refer me. I felt awful about going there but the nurses and doctors I saw were amazing and said to go up as often as I needed too. You need to know either way, so if you're getting no help from your midwife I would go to A&E xx
  • Even if they don't scan you they should do blood tests regularly so you can have some idea of what's going on. I know exactly what your mean, it's got to the point where even a miscarriage would make me feel relieved, because it would be over. Because they saw a heartbeat on Wednesday, EPU have closed their file so to speak so I need a new referral to go back up. I've miscarried before and it was so different to this, but it's hard to have hope when I've seen so much blood. I veer from thinking my little bean is a fighter, to thinking bleeding isn't normal, no matter how common it is, and something must be wrong xx
  • Just out of interest, did I have an internal scan? I did and I'm certain that made the bleeding worse x
  • agree my internal made me bleed loads for about 5 days but i did go on to m/c, i would agree tho if the doctors wont help got to a&e babes xx

• Hi Ellie how are you today. He  it was an internal.scan hun but I'd already been bleeding for 5-6 days and it didn't get any worse during or after th  scan just stayed th  same and slowed an  stopped two days later, only to start again over weekend. I had LOADS  of internal scans with my three dd's and they never  caused any bleeding or discomfort so I doubt it's that , I know something's wrong and have known in my heart for a couple of weeks that I'm just not meant to meet this baby but whatever the outcome is going to be I am now ready. I will let you know how the scan for  hun pain is bad today like I am having a really painful af an  bleeding I  gradually getting heavier xxxx

• I'm really sorry to hear that, but you know as well as I do that you can be expecting the worst and be surprised! My bleeding definitely got heavier after an internal scan, and after the doctor did an internal exam at A&E so I'm wondering if it's my cervix? Sorry for the TMI but it gets much worse after I go to the loo and have to strain. I can't work it out at all. I'm with the midwife tomorrow and I'm going to beg her for a referral for another scan. Have you lost any clots? I'm hoping for a positive outcome for you, please let me know how you get on and feel free to PM me if u want to chat xx
  • Hi Ellie , oh yes I know that there is always  a chance of a NICE surprise, like our last scans showed a  Hb etc  I think it's easier to accept the nice surprises after having been prepared for the worst than to go in there after thinking"it's all gonna be fine" an  then it isn't and your world falls apart (hope that makes sense hun) I have Always been a "prepare for the worst and anything better is a bonus" sort of person. I think after dealing with seven mc' s it is jus  kind of my method for.dealing with it. 

The internal exam could deffo have caused your bleeding to worsen hun! I didn't have an internal just a scan so could well be that causing your bleeding. I had CIN 3 6 yrs ago an  had letz done and have had 6 monthly smears for the first three years and now am on twelve  monthly smears  I have been having problems since having my eleven month old  and had an internal in around November whet  nurse said I ha  an "irregular and un smooth cervix" so I was  sent for scan  etc, I am wondering if maybe it's all down to that again for me! And OMG when you said the pain gets worse when going o the loo  My c sec scar REALLY hurts like all across my bladder  area. I am going to mention it tomorrow at the epu as I think it's a uti. I know that a uti can cause bleeding an  in extreme cases mc. I will definitely update hun you literally are going through EXACTLY the same thing as me even down to your symptoms so I would guess we  have the same cause!?? 

Definitely ask your mw tomorrow.for a scan him, tell her what it's doing to you emotionally etc and I am sure she will refer you hun. Bet she will ring and book while you're there. Good luck hunni and please do update when you can. I'll be thinking of you hun xxxx

• Ps, no clots just bright red  and Brown blood an  pin so I know if it is over for me then baby I  still in there xxxx