Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

curious.

Constipation is common in early pregnancy. Mine is aggravated by the fact that I'm scared to try to push so I'm now only going every few days and failing to do much. I know my fear is unfounded and based on pain I felt when I had an ectopic but it doesn't help knowing that. The pain was excruciating and used to trigger bleeding in that pregnancy. Anyone else scared to go?

Replies

• I'm not scared to go, but I had constipation during my third trimester and found pineapple works well and basically fresh fruit pots that contain peaches and pineapple... Don't have to push much then! But talk to your doctor, there are things you can take whilst pregnant.

• Hi

Im not scared to go to the toilet but i suffered from constipation in the first trimester. Im now in the third and final one and can often get constipated but then other times i can sometimes go twice a day!

Charlaine i will deffo try pineapple and peaces and see if it helps me more x
  • I used to b scared to go as it was always when I went that I bled. in the last few months I was very regular tho lol. I drank lots of pure orange juice to keep my insides lubricated lol 

• Hi huni i suffered with this each time iv got pregnant.

With my son i didnt go to the doctors till i was in my 3rd trimester and they gave me some liquid and some huge horse looking pills but i did use them and im sure thats what got my labour going lol

With the 2 m/c last year i was too scarred to push like you said but the doctors where very good and gave me some stuff to take and it was nice just to be able to go!

This time round yet again i have found it hard to go, but using the stuff from the doctors has worked and im going once a day with no pros.

I do still check every time i go to the loo, im kinda on edge but my partner has told me not to worry as he said its to be expected xxx

• I told my OH last night lol and he understood. I think voicing my fear has made it easier... it was more subconscious... cos I have been this morning twice already image Thanks ladies. Xx
  • Yay glad you have finally been hun. It's horrible when you can't,I totally understand the being scared to push though I am exactly the same right now xxxxx

• i suffered with it in the first trimester and had to used lactulose. but from 12/13 weeks i found it much easier than before i was pregnant. ive been eating those bear dried fruit packs (each one is 2 of your 5 a day) and eating about 7 portions of fruit and veg a day. that really helps