Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Shooting pain on right side of belly

I just stood up. Didnt get up that quick either and i had a shooting pain in the middle but was on the right side of my belly so just above hip really. Ive ended up laying down on that side and cant feel it now. I havent stood up again yet lol. Baby is moving looads as well. Is this braxton hick or something else? Im 27 weeks and 5 days pregnant. I see my midwife tomorrow so will ask her but just wondered what you lot thought xx

Replies

• Baby could have had a foot or a limb on a nerve hun Braxton hicks is not painful they can feel a little tight and your tummy will go hard early Labour pains are EXACTLY the same as af pains, I used to think "God it feels like a lifetime ago I had a period I can't remember what it feels like" but when you get them you WILL remember. If you haven't hd it since and there's no other pain or bleeding or anything then I wouldn't worry hun. Xxxx

• Yeah the pain hasnt came back and no bleeding. I did think after it could be baby is leaning on a nerve after i posted this like you have mentioned as when i was laying on my right side thats where i was getting all the kicks.

Pregnancy is so panicky through out! lol im 28 weeks this Friday and i know il end up posting things soon about worried with giving birth lol xx