Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Is it my waters breaking??

Replies

• Lol huni im hoping this time round its not like that!

my boy was due 10/8 and contractions started we went up to the hospital and they stopped when they put me on a machine was gutted! 

then 7 days later he was here! 

• yup that kept happening to me lol sooooo annoying. i hope you hav  a better time this labour hunni. a week today till your scan isnt it? image exciting times image my hospital are tight and didnt give me a pic at the early scans lol was glad to know all was ok but would have been nice to have a souvenir, hope your hospital isnt the same and you get.  pic hun, can't wait to see it image xxxxxx

• hows it goin  becki??? we are all on the edge of our seats waiting for your updates  image xxxxxx

• Still absolutely nothing!! I've tried everything, pineapple, gym ball, got curry, long walk, sex and still nothing. Got a stubborn little lady here I think image xxx
  • Hi sweetie,

I know it's not an up-to date research, but my mom had the same thing when she was pregnant with me. Due to all this she didn't even really noticed at first when I was actually ready to meet her so be careful, your little girl can decide it any time now. I'm sure it won't be long from now image And one more thing that I can tell you, that might make you feel a bit better - I don't know if it's an actual thing, but my mom said it was easy and quick for her.

Fingers crossed, sending much love! x

• A lot of people have said that because I've been in 'slow labour' with all the signs apart from contractions I could be one of the lucky ones and not get many contractions before I have to start pushing. However I'm not getting myself too excited for that just incase I'm an unlucky one. Been having signs of early labour for about 4 days now, an last night about 4am I had a really bad tummy ache and felt like I was gonna be sick. This morning is also the first morning I've woken up and felt just as bad as I did throughout the night whereas normally I get tightenings all night and by the morning I feel fine so hopefully not long now xxx
  • fingers crossed hunni , i had been in slow labour for two weeks and when it finally actually started  i dismissed it. like bitite said. keep your eye on the little things hunni, it's all building up to the real deal. vindaloo worked for me. some say its an old wives tale and it could have been a coincidence that i went into labour withing 24 hoursxof eating it but mw said as it triggers spasms in the bowel it can kick of contactions too! maybe worth a try!? xxxx

• The hottest curry I can eat is a balti haha and I've had two in the past week, sex is supposed to be the best one but still nothing. I just hope it starts before Thursday because I don't fancy another sweep image xxx
  • i had my second sweep done on a thursday and boom thursday night it all started by friday early afternoon i had my little man xx

good luck xx

• awww that's sweet, im just hoping shes here before then as ive been uncomfortable all week =/

I deffo don't want to be induced, I know a lot of women that had to be induced and said it was horrific =( xxx

• i hope you're like me hun and turn up already in established labour for your induction appointment. bad news is i was ten days late BUT atleast,even if you're not in labour right now, the end is very very nearly in sight for you hun and you know no matter what within the next week you WILL  meet your baby!!!! focus on that image she has been served her eviction notice and is now on the countdown to meeting you image  it's a bit like big brother only without the cameras haha xxxx

• Last night I woke up with a terrible pain in my back that seemed to move through to my stomach. It was different from the past couple of nights as I had to sit up whereas before it just woke me up. Had it again this morning but still nothing regular xxx
  • dont worry about getting induced i did, they gave me a drip and broke my waters at least that way yu know its gonna happen lol mine was only bad as little man was back to back and we didnt know  xxx

• Well I've just googled 'constant back ache 40 weeks' and I shouldn't of coz that's got me worrying about the baby being back to back :/ xxx
  • Hiya , I was induced with my 1st 2 n it wasn't that bad , just abit quicker than if natural , hope you get some good strong contractions overnight , have you tried leaning over a birthing ball , n circling your hips , should help with the backache and getting the baby to come away from your back if she is back to back , lots of luck hun , look forward to seeing how you get on x x 

• My little boy was back to back huni dont worry, they just come out looking up instead of looking down, people say it hurts more back to back but being my first i cant say yes or no to that, i had gas and air i wont lie it felt like someone was ripping my spine out but for all i know thats what every birth is like lol

Just relax, stay away from google lol and just go with the flow xxxxx good luck huni xxxx

• I've been on my birthing ball all day but doesn't seem to ease any back ache :/ I've tried to get some sleep in the hope I get contractions throughout the night xxx
  • have a bath huni it might help xx

• I would but I can't get out haha I get stuck :P xxx
  • omg becki not "dr.google" this last week alone, according to google, I've had a brain tumour, dementia and a molar pregnancy!!!!  stay awayyyy hunni lol. i laboured in my back with my first, baby WASN'T back to back but thats where i felt the pain from the contractions most. some ladies do "labour in their backs" and its not always something to do with how baby is lying. what worked for me AMAZINGLY well actually was heat packs on my back. they worked more than the tens machine or paracetamol etc in the early stages. the worse thing you can do is panic. i did when i was in labour with my first, i totally freaked  out and it honestly does make th  pain harder to bear as it make  all o  your muscles etc. it is so much easier said than done but the main thing to remember is to stay calm and use whatever it is that helps you do that.  hows things today hunni xxxxx