Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

symptoms come and go??? normal or not??

Hi ladies 

Im heading into my 8th week mark and was feeling very good this time last week....i had a constant sickness feeling, could hardly eat was dead to the worl and my nipples omg they where so sore!

Yet today iv woken up with no sicky feeling iv been able to eat 3 meals with no pros! i dont feel tired and my nipples are not as sore by far!!

Is this all normal?? with my first i had nothing at all till i hit 10 weeks but lose 2 last year has made me be a bit more freaky outish!

Im so worried its going to go wrong again and il hurt the hell out of my other half if i lose another baby, iv had no bleeding so im not freaking out like that but iv had cramping/pulling feeling in my left and right side today.....

Am i going crazy!!!! 

Replies

• don't worry hunni, it's normal. I've ha  it with all of my pregnancies and it's down to the hormone surges. every 48-72 hours hcg doubles so your symptoms seem to worsen, then as your body adjusts and it evens out you'll seem to see symptoms ease off almost but then after another 48-72 hours, when those hormones surge again they seem to come back. it's not that they're dissapearing  it's just they are rising, evening out  rising evening out and so on so it seems they're coming and going. i hope that make  sense lol xxxxx

• I had the same about 4 days ago.  I was feeling fine etc for the day.  OMW, the next day I had the worst vomiting spell ever.  And I was like YEAH! for the first 10 sec and then I was like URG.  Even last night on our way home I didn't move or even talked to hubby.  I just said to him when we got home to go get our daughter and I was of to the bathroom for another spell.  So yeah, it comes and goes.

• Hi sarah. Thats my worry. At 8+2 my fatigue nausea vanished and my boobs were only sore near the underarms. I got a bit of heartburn inatead though. They stayed away for about 4days. Then I had a bit more nausea at 9 weeks all day for a couple of days. Then after that I felt a bit better but vomited at 8pm the following two nights. Im 10 weeks +1 today and feel good except for that dodgy taste in my mouth xxx
  • Thanks ladies

Just gonna have to go with the flow and see if it comes back or not....

Did anyone else put a sex ban for the first 12 weeks??? iv done this and so far my partner has been ok with it but last night he got very ratty when we went to bed and snapped at me and said "I bet you will put a whole 9 month bloody ban" i felt very shit! he said i didnt act like this with our son, which is true i was fine but i hadnt lost 2 babies then!! he was really pushy so i ended up leaving the bedroom which i feel is unfair image

• Sarah i have actually put a 9 month ban! Lol i feel sorry for him but im 31 weeks so not got long to goimage

Ive put the ban on because when i was 6 weeks we had it and caused me to spot and i ended up going to Hospital. Tried it following week and again spotted.

My blood group is Negative B so now when ever i spot/bleed i need to have the anti D injection. At this rate i would be going into the doctors for it every week! Lol.

Also symptoms come and go so try not to worry image i didnt really have any but the ones i did i would have days where i would feel fine and not pregnant and would start to worry and go on google and all that lol and then a couple days later they would be back image im sure everything is fine with you and baby.

Also my boyfriend tends to bring up the fact weve not had sex in ages. He will say it in a jokey way but it still hurts because i feel bad and then being pregnant and hormones are all over the place all sorts of things run through my head! But im sure if he was in my situation and your partner was in yours they would be exactly the same as us!!! Xx
  • Hiya , my symptoms came n went , was very lucky with 1st 3 n hardly had any symptoms at all , like keepthefaith said it's the hormones surging then falling etc , we had a ban for the 1st 12 weeks , wasn't too bad , men are quite capable of taking care of themselves for a while - they don't usually need much persuasion - it made me feel like we were doing something to help protect our baby , I also bled with the 2 mmc's I had n was after dtd both times , I know it didn't cause it but it made us both feel better to abstain for a while , hope you're ok hun n you're able to talk it through x x 

• Have you had your early scan yet? How did it go?x

• Thanks ladies the only reason iv said no to the 1st 12 weeks is because of the 2 m/c last year we had sex and the day after i stated bleeding both times and i cant do it again, i know the sex was not to blame for the m/c's but i know if i have sex again now and start bleeding i will never be able to forgive him for pushing me into it.

Hi Rose,

Yes i had my scan monday all was fab got to see his little heart beating, and saw him wriggling around on the screen! he looked so small compaired to the 12 wk scan i had with my 1st son, so cant wait to see this little one again in a few weeks time, i think my midwife said it will be mid april for my 12 week scan image

seeing midwife again on the 30th for bloods and finish paper work for booking in il be 9 wks 2 days xx

• I have days I feel pregnant and days when I feel great. At the beginning, other than sore boobs and the odd spot of nausea, I didnt feel pregnant at all. I think its as individual as everyone's pregnancy. 

• Cheers huni

im feeling sick again today yippie  image xx

• Thats great! Not long to go now! Once the heartbeat is seen m/c rate drops significantly as im sure you know already. We abstained for 16 weeks just so you know! Probably my paranoia though. Xx

• hiya hunni, i too have put a ban on it and having pretty much the same reactions as you, sex for me is not only painful but causes the  bleeding to get worse so regardless of dh's "blue ball tantrums" (and believe me he's being a COMPLETE ass at the moment) i couldn't care less lol. he either spects my decision to do what i want with my own body or he can jog on that's just exactly how i feel right now. we honestly hardly ever argue but have done nothing but this last few weeks, I've been reduced to tears i don't know how many times and, like you, have slept downstairs quite regularly because his attitude just STINKS and tbh i don't want to be around  him. if they thought with their heads for a second instead of their groin they might realise actually being NICE would stand them in better stead of some other form of relief image but if i were to offer that at the moment the way i feel towards him i woul  preobably rip it off and shove it up his nose lol i know I'm bieng personal lol but i am sure we're not the only ones going through it hunni. what they need to realize is w  have a million othe  things on our minds at the moment, for different reasons we worry, fret and ponder on EVERYTHING that might go wrong and we think about worse case scenarios ALL the time, i suppose as most of them aren't used to thinking with their brains they wouldn't understand this lol but if they don't I've decided it's his problem not mine. 

ok, man bashing rant over hehe i just wanted to let you know you're not alone hun and i  you need to chat I'm always happy to listen image big hugs and keep your chin up xxxxx

• Thanks girls 

i gave him what for when he came in and told him if he carried on then i would do a whole 9 month ban!

i know they say the risk of m/c is less once you see a heart beat but that was not the case for me in december, was told little one had a strong heart beat then a week later im told he had died, im trying not to think on that now tho Rose xxx

On wards and upwards with my little belly fruit.

And thank you huni u know im here to listen any time you need to let some steam off xxx

• I think you' e had your run of bad luck though and this time all will be good! Keeping fingers crossed! image x

• Cheers rose xx

they come and go but keeping every thing crossed, i even managed a little cooked breaky this morning image

• I've just gotten a positive pregnancy test a couple of days ago. It was my first cycle of clomid to help me ovulate. I had a miscarriage at 14+ weeks a year ago. I ve aince been told i have low egg reserve. I could n t believe clomid had worked first cycle! I ahiyld be thrilled but i'm terrified!!

We had intercourse every other day up to day 23 as my cycle had been all over the place. I was quite crampy days 24 and 25 and am afraid the intercourse caused it. We would have stopped if i d known i was pregnant. We were trying to cover all bases!! 

Now today day 26  the cramping has eased and my breasts are nt sore like last couole of days. I m so afraid of miscarriage. I was reassured to tead that symptoms might come and go. 

I cannot remember how i felt other times probably because im so stressed now!! 

Best of luck to all!

• Hi ontenderhooks I'm 17 weeks pregnant when I was eight weeks I felt sickish like u do and my nipples really hurt some times I could eat and sometimes I couldn't and my nipples were less saw but there nothing to worry about it's just your body changing hormones u should talk to use midwife about this but I'm sure she will tell u what I've just told you don't worry xxx I'm sure everything's fine xx

• Thank you Angle. It's good to hear other people's stories. Fingers crossed!!

• I realise that this add is old, but wanted to add my experience incase someone now is searching for the same answers. I am 5 weeks pregnant, last week having found out I was pregnant, I had a couple symptoms (sore breasts, tired, dark nipples, feeling hot) But then 3 days ago woke with no symptoms my breasts were fine I wasn't tired. I cried all day, likely my hormones to blame, I was certain something was wrong. However now they are back again, some days worse than others, often worse at night & in the morning. But I don't feel them all the time. 

So for anyone who is worrying, don't panic, it can be a normal thing, whilst your body gets used to your hormones. Don't listen to any negative news, everything may just be fine.

xx

• I'm 5w 3d pregnant and extremely nervout. Had really sore boobs yesterday and all week but today nothin!! Scan on Tuesday praying to see a little heartbeat