Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

for fun scan nub guess, sex is already known

2»

Replies

• No I haven't watched it In a while have pretty much been going to bed as soon as I put the kids down (7pm) as have been just too knackered, falling asleep o the floor with them some nights.Only just got some energy back now. 

My sister gets stroppy if she has a cold so yep she possibly is going to be a piranha. I loved the gas and air and pethodine. Wish I'd had more than gas and air with my second.  Funny that labour can be so quick like that... Wish mine was shorter than 8hrs!!

my next midwife appointment is on the 16th April so quite a wait so not had news for the next scan I'm 13/14 weeks now depending on whether I go by my dating scan date or my last period date.  I want to say I'm 14 weeks but I just don't believe them I'm so sure on my dates being a week ahead just can't be right.  I want to stay team yellow but am struggling. Not because I overly want the surprise, which would be nice but my family are a nightmare. my mum takes over news like she owns it, she makes me so mad! 

We wanted to tell people with our dating scan that we were having another. But had to ask my mum for help with the boys as my oh was working, had told her not to tell anyone as I wanted to tell people this way, and she went home and told my whole family!! I was so livid. she ruined it and had the cheek to tell me 'she had to keep people updated on her whereabouts and what she was doing' and proceeded toget annoyed  with me! So that's partly why I want to stay team yellow .... I know it will drive her mad!!  When I say everyone I'm one of 9 children I only got to tell one of my sisters and had told her when I got my bfp, I had kept it secret up till 11 weeks which was the hardest thing to do for me. 

• omg i know what you mean about the cat being let out of the bag by someone else. we had to tell dh's mum when i had an emergency scan at seven weeks due to bleeding etc and obviously were keeping it a secret due to my history. he said "we're not telling anyone yet but".... and within twenty four hours there wasntone single person who didn't know. i was SERIOUSLY pissed off, especially as it looked like i was going to miscarry with all the bleeding, and what made me mor  mad is it wasn't like she was telling people cos she was excited it was cos she thought "i was stupid for getting pregnant again after the last two nearly killed me" (her words not mine) so she was basically just slagging us off, I'm glad they live over seventy miles away lol. when he told her about the problems found on last weeks scan she literally wasn't interested and he was sat there crying on the phone wanting support and she just had a go at him about money he owes her and couldn't pay as we needed it for travel expenses to get to liverpool tomorrow, i was so pissed off i was shaking, proper livid i was. we were supposed to be going to dh's aunties wedding on saturday but he told his mum we wouldn't be going as we are in bits tbf and needed the money we would use to get there for travelling to hospitals etc and she said "well u can tell her yourself I'm not telling her" so he had to ring his aunt and explain it all again, she was actually really nice an  supportive and wished us the best etc, he spoke to his mum again yesterday (she went to the wedding and obviously ha  his aunt expressing her sympathy about our news) so she feined interest yesterday, well. she said "so what's up then" he explained again and she just brushed it off with a story of a friend of a friend whos daughter has turners syndrome and is fine so basically she doesn't know what we are worrying about. it reeeeeally gets my goat.i don't have any family just dh and the kids and seriously could tell his mother n sister where to go n never speak to them again given th choice. i feel your pain with annoying family members lol and understand why u wanna stay team yellow. we found out the sex of our last baby and mil said she ABSOLUTELY DID NOT wanna know so a few people, his aunts etc wantedto know sonwe told them and she went mad, she didn't wan  to know but didn't want anyone else to know before her, grrrrrr just thinking about it winds me up lol. 

i hope all goes well with your sister and the rest of her pregnancy and the labour hun. if all goes well this time we r going to find out the sex and tell people we didn't lol it seems like the better option for keeping the peace. hope it all goes well for you hun no matter what you decide (personally i say find out and tell people you didn't lol)  xxxxx