Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

hc measurement on 20 week scan

Hi all so I had my 20 week scan today at 20w 1 day and my little girl seems great. Im alitlittle worried as her head was measuring small at 162.7mm. I was just wondering what your babies hc measured at your 20 week scan

Thanks x

Replies

• Options

I cant remember as I dont have my notes with me (naughty I know as you are supposed to keep them with you!)

A friend of mine is a midwife - did you get a graph with your scan report? The top line is above average, the middle line is average and the bottom line is below average. I had a little concern as baby w's tum is somewhere between the middle line and the top line. My friend said not to worry as it is guidance only and if there were ANY concerns, they would have been mentioned at the scan. If you arent sure, I would call your midwife and ask x

• Options
    The measurements arent always accurate anyway. My childs head was measured a little larger than average but when he was born at 5lb 2oz two weeks early his head was on the 91st centile image but my whole family have big heads anyway. Try not to worry xx
  • Options

Thanks for replying,  this is my scan report x

• Options

Maybe she'll just be little hun but as others say it's not always accurate. Lexie's tummy was just above average on my 20 week scan and she was born 6lb 13oz and is still tiddly despite weighing over 11lbs at 9 weeks she's still in newborn clothes x

• Options

Hi hun , mine was 188.4 , but everything else was similair to your measurements , all on the slightly high side but all my babies measured big for dates on the scans , their weights were :6lb4 1/4 , 5lb10 1/2 , 5lb9 1/2 n 5lb14 1/4 , so not big by any means , they also estimated lo would be 6lb 12 at 34 weeks - she wasn't as you can see , sure everything is fine , they are often wrong x x lovely to see them moving on the screen isn't it , halfway there woooohooooo !!! x x 

• Options

Thank you for replying, its nice to get a second opinion. Im sure I was worring for nothing and will put it to the back of my mind. Im due extra scans this pregnancy so will see her again at about 28 weeks.

Eve you carry such tiny babies. Mine have got smaller each time 7lb 7oz, 7lb 2oz and 6lb 14oz so she might just be smaller too. I think after a mc its very easy to look at anything that might look like a negative and worry x