Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Anyone Help please

golly ok I cant sleep.  I have my first midwife appointment tomorrow but I started having brown blood cm.  I am so petrified..... has anyone had this with this or a  previous pregnancy..... read so much that says don't sweat unless there is cramp....that doesn't help coz what kind of cramps I have had cramps since day 1 so I don't know what that would mean...... gosh tomorrow is going to take forever to come and im so scared

im 7+5

Replies

• I had brown spotting in my last pregnancy and it turned out I had had a very small bleed probably when my placenas attached although that's just speculation! They noticed it in scan, baby was fine and is no a very lively 2 year old! Def mention it to your midwife though xxx

• Hi hun

Its natural to worry! Is this your first?

Im 36 weeks this Friday and all through out my pregnancy even at the start ive been getting brown blood only a little though every now and then.

Midwife said brown blood is old blood and i should only worry if i start showing red blood which is new.

Cramps are normal in pregnancy. The ones you need to look out for a really sharp painful ones that keep comin and last a while so always keep an eye on them.

Good luck with your appointment tomorrow. Midwifes are there to help so when you see her make sure you mention the brown blood to her xx
  • I had the same thing as BeckyandEve, and similarly my son is now a super lovely two yr old. I've always been told that brown blood is ok. Hope you've got some sleep, let us know what your mw says xx
  • Morning.  Thanks so much I feel a bit better.   I just cant wait to get to the midwife.  This is my first so its all new.  I managed to get sleep on and off last night and as soon as I woke up I went to bathroom still thee but I was expecting the worst so I am relieved and my boobs are still killing me.....just cant wait fo 2pm now

• That's sounds like good news image Let us know how you get on xx
  • Hi Baby88 sounds today it's better so I'm guessing the midwife will tell you there's nothing to worry about image Let us know how it went. xox

• Not long to wait now! Hope everything is OK for you image

• Had my appointment at which stage I had quite a lot of red blood when I wiped.  The midwife and student were lovely but did tell me that it could be anything and didn't always mean something bad was going on and not to worry too much and to take another HPT in a week but she said that my sore boobs was a really good sign and I should just go with that.  I am still freaking out ofcourse coz I just don't want something bad to happen.   I also have somehow out of the blue this evening got myself a UTI which I get quite often thank goodness I have to do my blood tests tomorrow so will ask for a prescription!!!!! 

thanks for all the messages ladies.... xxxx

• Awww hun hope all we be ok. But like the midwife said not all bleeding means something bad.

If you start getting clots then i would ring your midwife back up xx
  • Meant to say hope all will be ok
  • Hi Baby88, glad midwife was nice. Hopefully the bleeding will come to nothing and you will continue to have symptoms. Hope blood tests go okay. When do you see the midwife again.

• Golly what a 14hrs I have had.  I ended up at a&e last night about midnight and they were so so so good they took me in straight in.  I have a really really bad UTI and starting peeing blood and was in so so much pain.  So they took my urine, loads of blood then a gyny came down to see me.  I was so nervous but she took a look and said that although there is bleeding my cervix is still closed which is a really good sign. 

So im still bleeding but it seems to be dying down a bit fingers xd!!!!! 

• Oh gosh, you poor thing! I'm glad things are still looking positive, hope the bleeding stops soon so you can relax. And I hope your nasty infection goes away pronto!

• Poor you that sounds horrendous, glad they were nice and helpful. I hope it clears up soon and that the bleeding stops soon. X
  • I am really chilling out tying not to panic too much.  had more bloods done today and probs drank 4 ltrs already to flush the infection.  The gyny said if the bleeding gets worse I can call the EPU and get a scan done.  I will see how it goes with the antibiotics fist coz have ead that in some women a UTI can cause vaginal bleeding in pregnancy so I am hoping hoping hoping that that is what it is from.

• Hopefully that is all it is and lots of fluids will help. It's good they have offered to scan you if need be. Hopefully it settles soon.
  • The bleeding is still there but it has got much better.  I am just so anxious now so booked a private scan for Sunday I really wanted it for today but hubby wouldn't be able to make it and he is just as anxious as me.  I cant wait though I should be 8 weeks today according to my Dr so hopefully will hear a good HB.  Don't mind if I don't see baby I just want to hear that HB. 

• Glad it's subsided a bit, hope scan goes well and you get to hear babys heartbeat, give you a bit reassurance x
  • Good luck for Sunday hun x
  • Hi ladies. 

By the way the scan tech lady was talking I think I will be leaving the due in December group.  I have to get my BHCG bloods done again but it doesn't look good she did a tummy scan and a TV scan and couldn't see anything on either of them so I have to just wait.  Agh its so frustrating...