Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Increase in movement at 25 weeks?

I am now 25+1 and have noticed since around Friday that the baby has become a LOT more active in the past few days and the spins, kicks and jabs are starting to get quite painful from my perspective! 

Did anyone else notice a distinct increase around this time?

Replies

• It's probably that ur feeling it more as baby grows chick. I remember it was about 24 25 weeks I started feeling more regular patterns of movement with my first x

• These are proper digs and kicks and are quite uncomfortable - It's the first time I've actually felt like my belly is sore image

• Awww baby's having a good old wriggle about x

• By this time I was feeling really strong movements too, baby is big enough for their movements to be obvious, but there's still plenty of room for them to really kick a hell of a lot! By the time I got to about 32 weeks I felt a lot less, but my baby was always measuring three weeks ahead! I miss feeling him wriggle and kick! If the kicks feel sharp try lying on your side, I found this abit more comfortable and baby soon settles again image I got used to the kicks and punches it's when his feet were right in my ribs for the last three weeks was the worst part! Haha xx
  • Baby is defo having a good wriggle about - Like baby W always has for scans and check ups! It's lovely to feel but sometimes it feels quite sore and uncomfy. I did notice UI felt much better last night when I got into bed and laid on mu back for a few minutes as it seemed to ease the pressure on my poor old tum

• Oh and the kicks are so strong now that when I cuddle into DH's back/side at night, he can feel the baby kicking!