Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

breech baby

I was just wondering what the movements of a breech baby feel like? Im 27w 2d with number 4 and the movements feel very different from my other 3 pregnancies. The movements are very low down in my pelvis and it feels like im getting hit in the cervix, also I feel like I have something under my right rib. I have midwife next week so hoping she will be able to tell me x

Replies

• yep sharp digs in the cervix and a big hard painful lump under the ribs. Lexie was feet first so was like standing up inside me, it was horrendous. Unfortunately she never turned x

• I think mines foot first and stays that way a lot. Will find out at my 20 week scan on thursday. Reason I think that is most of the movement is on my cervix and has been for weeks. Its a lot more sensitive down there as I never had movement like that with the other two xx
  • I never felt any kicks up high either, the highest she ever booted me was my side. I think she was breech the whole time X

• Lh thanks for your reply. All of my movements are below my belly button. I really hope that the midwife says she is head down next week x

Samantha my midwife appointment is Thurs so I will also find out baby position then x

• Good luck x

• So my feeling was right and baby is breech. How did you get on Samantha? 

• Cheeky baby! Are they going to scan you again if baby doesn't turn By 36 weeks? X

• Hi girls , had midwife check today , for high bp , in hospital for monitoring again tomorrow , also got a scan booked for Monday to check for polyhydraminos , they think the baby might be breech aswell now .... 1st was breech , but have quite a lot of squirming under my left rib n in the middle , feels like knees , n have very few movements low down , does it sound like anything you had at all ? hopefully yours will turn before due date ilovemygirls , how are you getting on hun ? how are you Lh , bet Lexie is growing away like a flower , hope the bleeding's stopped n everything's back to normal x x 

• Hi eve sounds like you have a lot going on at the moment. Its a nightmare having all these extra appointments and finding child care. Is your bp still high? All my movements are low down in my cervix, she is in the footing breech position. Im only 28 weeks so loads of time to move.

Lh when did you discover that lexi was breech? X