Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Being induced tomorrow

Hi ladies, So I'm 11 days overdue and going into be induced. Feeling scared!! Baby still not engaged and have a feeling this buba isn't coming out without a fight. Anyone got any positive induction stories to help put my mind at rest. Everything seems so negative . Thank you x

Replies

• Hi hun sorry cant exactly help but wishing you all the luck and wont be long before little one is in your arms image xx
  • Good luck honey x

• Hi hun, I asked for a non medical induction with one of mine, I found it much better than the drip.

Good luck x x x

• Hi julie , might be a bit late , you might have delivered by now , I was induced with my 1st 2 , was ok , quicker to start than my subsequent babies , it was fine , hope you're doing ok hun x x 

• Missed this Julie - hope all has gone well. 

I was induced at 11 days over with my first, and to be honest the induction part was quite good so I hope that bit has been similar for you! I was induced with the pessary at 10am on the Sunday and Matilda was born just before 10am on the Monday. My contractions didn't start till around 4pm on the Sunday - so labour wasn't too long (but it was tiring as it was during the night & I was alone as they didn't let hubby stay with me).

I did have problems with the birth, but they weren't caused by the induction - more by mismanagement from an interfering doctor so I hope your birth has been straightforward and you have a lovely baby to cuddle now!

• Hi ladies,

Thank you for all your kind comments. Was reassuring to read.

I did have a bit of a nightmare and finally went to an emergency c section on Wednesday night after a very long 3 days but now home with our baby boy who is completely gorgeous!! Wouldn't want to go for it again but was worth it for my baby boy xx
  • Awwww congrats hun x

• Congratulations! Glad it all turned out well in the end & hope you are healing up well xxx

• Congratulations hun , sorry to hear you had a tough time , worth it though , bet he's gorgeous , well done x x