Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Retroverted Uterus - Problems at Dating Scan??

Hi guys,

I have a question for you, I also wondered if anyone else has had the same problem.

I came off my pill (Cilest) beginning of April. I had a period middle of April, then again 16th May. I was due 13th June but AF never came! 4 pregnancy tests later confirmed that i was pregnant. 

I went for an early dating scan last Wednesday but the sonographer couldn't see anything via an abdo US. So they suggested an internal US.

The sonographer told me that my pregnancy was very early on. I worked out my dates to be 6 weeks, which they said isnt right. They also said that they saw the start of something right at the top of my uterus but couldn't see entirely. They did tell me however that I have a retroverted uterus. 

Could this be why things were hard to find on my US? My bladder was full, so that wasnt the problem.

They told me that it def wasnt a molar pregnancy, and that i was prob just too early to date yet.

Does anyone have any advice or info?

Katie

Replies

• Hi, i have the same problem as you. I went for an early private scan at 7 weeks and they could hardly see anything at all. Went back 2 weeks later and all was fine dates correct etc, my baby is now 4 months old.

Good luck x