Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

first scan, empty sac :(

Hi all

i had my first scan the other day at 5 week 5 days, i know when i conceived as we only did it once around that time so it can only be up to 2 days out, anyway she told me there was a gestational sac but she couldt see anything in it, through abdmoninal and transv ultrasound. I have to go back in 10 days. 

I am so worried! Has anybody been through this and had a positive story? According to clearblue (i know not always accurate) my hcg levels rose accordingly. I wernt told the sac size and didnt have bloods done so cant go off that. 

trying to stay positive- but feeling worried. Think ive gone on enough now! Please share if any positive stories!

Replies

• Hi,

I had the same last year. My dates put me at 7th weeks but I was told I had a gestational sac but no fetal pole. I went back about a week later and there was spoglet! My son was born in June. 

Maybe your little bean is just too small at the moment x

• Hi thanks for sharing your experiences. Did your dates turn out to be right then? Im pretty sure of conception date and its most definatly not a week or so out, id say a day or 2 at most. Glad to here you had a happy ending x

• No I was a bit out. My baby measured 5 days smaller than my dates so my due date changed from 17the June to 22nd. My little man had his own ideas though and arrived on 5th of June!

As for knowing when you conceived you could have ovulated up to 7 days after you and your partner were intimate as sperm can live up to a week