Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Booking in appointment....AT 12 WEEKS????!!

So as the title says... 

Got my appointment letter today and its not till 11 may, I'll be 12 weeks and 1 day by then! I'm not happy that I'll have to wait that long, I should be having my scan by then...so means ill be waiting longer to see if baby is ok, and will have to wait longer to tell family the news... I'm quite miffed off and upset. Can't even ring them because I've run out of credit image

anyone else had this problem??

Replies

• Options

I didn't have my booking in appointment till I was 9 1/2 weeks pregnant & was worried I wouldn't get a scan date in quickly enough. You need to have a scan before 13 weeks and 6 days so if you're worried about not seeing your midwife till close to that date I would phone them up (once you've topped up!) & either see if you can bring your booking date forward or ask if you can get your scan date booked in advance. Good luck.

• Options

I'm now thinking I might get another appointment in the post... I spoke to doctor a week ago and he's referred me to a consultant because of problems with my last pregnancy!

the appointment I recived yesterday is for the midwife....

could be why it's such a late appointment, if I haven't Hurd by Saturday I think I'll ring them

• Options

Sounds like a good plan, hope you get a sooner appointment

• Options

Hey supersquish,

With Em I didn't have my booking in appt until about 11 weeks and a half weeks but they didn't wait until that appt to book my scan. It was scheduled seperately and was at 13 weeks. 

We decided to have a private scan at 8 weeks which was such a relief. If you can afford it I would definitely recommend it. Xx