Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

First trimester cramps!

Hi ladies!

so I'm 5+4 and having awful 'menstral' type cramps! Last night it was soo hard to get comfortable and it kept waking me up.

Oh and getting lower back pain with it too, I've also noticed that after a bad episode I'll have the most terrible, burn your ears, kind of wind!(tmi I know) I trump as much as the next person... But lord!!!...my face is beetroot red just typing this lolhttp://www.madeformums.com/lib/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-embarassed.gif

I know the cramps are normal, there's no bleeding or anything, BUT I just can't stop myself worrying about it!!im getting them most the day for a good hour at a time!

its my second baby so could be why it's so bad, but dont remember this from then I had my son.

please tell me I'm not the only one suffering with this, and that it goes awayhttp://www.madeformums.com/lib/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-yell.gif

Replies

• Oh poor you, super squish - that sounds like the unfairest double whammy of early pregnancy symptoms ever!

I'm sure others will be along in moment to say don't worry (easier said that done, I know) as they had cramps in the first few weeks too. 

I know I did - with my 3rd pregnancy in particular.

Hope they ease off soon!

• Hi Supersquish, I had exactly the same type of cramps (and the wind was horrendous!) when i was pregnant with my second and third LOs. there were times when i just had to lie on the floor in the house they were so bad! (this would usually help as the wind would move down and out!) I was really worried as i had had several previous MCs, but it turned out to be a culmination of really bad trapped wind and the usual cramps. I found easing off acidic foods and anything carbonated helped, and drank gallons of peppermint tea. you can also get cold therapy pads, safe to use in pregnancy, that you stick on your back..i found these helped too without having to take paracetamol.  I hope the cramps get better soon (although you may find the trumping more than usual continues!). x

• Haha guess ill have to put up with the flactulance!!

no cramps today, got 3+ on clear blue so fee a bit better now I know my levels are into the 1000s!