Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

###Sunday 3rd Tri###

Hi ladies,

I couldn't find a thread from yesterday & the board is so quiet at the moment. But I just wanted to share that we've finally come up with a proper full name for baby pumpkin. Last weekend my H finally agreed with 1 of the names I'd suggested but then I'd gone off it. So yesterday, whilst I was at work, he made a list of more unusual names & 1 just hit me as the 1. I'm really happy as I was worried that we'd just end up having to settle for the best of what we'd found but wasn't necessarily 1 that we both loved (my friend said she did this & her son's name grew on her). I then spoke to my mum to see what my grandads middle name was as my daughter has the middle name of a family member from my hubbies side so I would like a name from my mums side for this little one. I wasn't sure how old fashioned it might be as his 1st name was Donald which I don't want to use. Turns out his middle name & his grandads middle name is William so it's a name I'm very happy to have as a middle name. Can't believe I've gone from having no short list of names a week ago to having a full name. I'm so relieved.

I also finally managed to get my hubby up in the loft to get my big ball down to start bouncing on & whilst he was up there I persuaded him to get all the bigger baby items down like the crib, moses basket, sides to make the cot bed back into a cot, the slumber bear & the car seat. So a productive day. All I need to do is get school work done that I've been putting off for the last month & I can relax.

Hope you're all well x x

Replies

• Sounds like you've had a productive weekend blackkat pleased you found a name. I'm determined not to name our boy until he's born but think we have 2 names we both like but shall see. Boys names are so hard!

AFM not much to report we had a baby shower for my friend yesterday, was lovely to spend the afternoon with the girls. Got a few odd bits like shelves and blind for babies room today so will see if we have time after lunch to put any of them up.

Hope you're all well x

• Afternoon!

BK - great news on the name front, I can't wait to hear what you go for. I can't remember if I said before, but I think we've decided on a name that we only came up with recently rather than the name we'd had picked out for years!

MrsL - sounds like you had a nice time yesterday, hope you manage to get the baby bits sorted this afternoon.

AFM, I've still got my cold and generally feeling knackered but I think I feel a bit better in myself today. Popped over to see my mum this morning and now relaxing before getting dinner sorted. Need to sort the spare room out later as we're moving in there whilst our ensuite is re-done. I think it's going to get rather dusty!

• MrsL: The baby shower sounds fun, hope you get some jobs done this afternoon

WG: Funny about you changing the name. Strange how our opinions change. Sorry to hear your cold is lingering, hope it buggers off soon!! Good luck moving into your spare room x