Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

"The midwives" on bbc2

2»

Replies

• Options

My whole point is they weren't well informed! They were morons. How can they say an ultrasound scan is dangerous and refuse it and then happily accept a Doppler?! If they stuck to their beliefs across the board I would have at least a bit of respect for them, but they didn't.

• Options

We watched this last night. Fair bit of venting at the TV by both of us. Husband reckons the Russian guy's a controlling jumper-wearing weirdo who wasn't even passing on the choices to his wife. Who looked bewildered and exhausted, bless her! And his 'pushing the baby out' thing was preposterous, I'd have slapped his hands away!

• Options

Something else that had me shouting at the TV, lol... The lady who had the emergency C-section at 30 wks... Tearful reunion with hubby, but because she's still coming round from the anaesthetic she can't see her baby but dad and grandparents all trot off for a good nose. What on earth? Hubby said (per Rocky 2 I'm told!!?) that if that were us he'd wait with me and we would see our baby for the first time TOGETHER, but that not withstanding, couldn't one of the adults have stayed behind with the mum? She was so distressed, bless her. All forlornly apologising to her husband for the way the birth went - as if it's HER fault! I did think someone could have stayed back and held her hand. That would be a very lonely, upsetting few minutes if that were me, and I'd probably always remember that as a tough moment in the whole thing. Poor lady.

• Options

I saw this! As others have said, each to their own, but it was odd! I thought she did very well during the birth though.

Counter - H and I have agreed that if something like that happens then he's the only one who will meet the baby before me, I wouldn't even want my mum seeing my baby before I had!

• Options

When I had C at 27 weeks, my whole family saw him before I did (my partner, parents and sister), and he was brought to me in his incubator, for about 2 minutes, before being transferred 40 miles away.

I was just glad C wasn't by himself.

• Options

BumpEnvy

I saw this! As others have said, each to their own, but it was odd! I thought she did very well during the birth though.

Counter - H and I have agreed that if something like that happens then he's the only one who will meet the baby before me, I wouldn't even want my mum seeing my baby before I had!

We talked and I asked that the default be that he waits for me, but if that seems the wrong way at the time (he can judge it), or I ask him to check on baby, that just he goes. I would be fine with my son too, but not parents/siblings etc. 

• Options

No scans is ridiculous and taking unnecessary risks. I so wanted her to end up with an epidural!

Re the prem baby. I think I'd have been ok with that. I can't remember if my parents saw sammy before me actually

• Options

A lot of the ladies on the IVF forum I go on, have refused scans. Each to there own, I couldn't have coped without scans.