Forum home› Pregnancy› Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

** Thursday 3rd tri **

2»

Replies

• Morning all, nice busy thread already!

LP, I started getting some mild period-type pains last week (37+2 I think) - it's just our bodies getting ready for labour, sadly no time indication as some people can have that for weeks!

MS, enjoy a chilled day! You sound pretty prepared with everything :)

JT, have a love lunch with your mum. And 1 week - wow!!

MrsP, why do these wriggly babies know just when is inconvenient to be up and active?!

MrsBass, good luck for the GTT - nearly tea and giant teacake time!

Gemini - good luck at the MW appt, it's still so early and fundal measurements are not exactly accurate - I bet you're right and you'll change from one appointment to the next!

MrsB, enjoy your bonus day off!

BE, hope the day of rest does the trick and the cold stays away. It's getting to that time of year unfortunately!

Banzy, sorry you had a crap night but hurrah for ML!!

TT, happy term day but sorry you're feeling rubbish. At least now you're at 37 weeks you could use the TENS for the cramps?

AFM, 38 week MW appt at lunch, then I'm going to the cafe next to my work place for lunch and will pop in to see colleagues. Then I have an appointment for a hair cut at 2pm, I am so slack about my hair that it hasn't been cut in 7 months :shame: and I figured with all the photos that will be happening over the next few weeks I ought to get it done! I also need to re-dye it but I do that myself.

What is left of the afternoon will be dedicated to labour playlist and creating / printing birthing affirmations / prompts to put up round the pool as I'm suddenly a bit more convinced I might be early... I had a bloody show last night! Not a 'proper' one as there wasn't much and it wasn't mega thick, but definite pink mucus, about 4 wipes-worth. Exciting stuff!! I think it might be next week... I just hope it's before Wednesday as my parents go abroad for a week (booked before we told them I was pregnant) - if not before Weds, I hope to hold out to due date as they're back the next day.

• Oh I must have been a slow typer this morning!

Jellytot- enjoy the birthday tea!

MrsP- yay to lots of movements, boo to wake up kicks

Gemini-im 1.5cms bigger than im meant to be so im convinced im having a chunk too!

MrsB- hope ur enjoying ur day off!

BE- stay in bed and rest for the weekend

Banzy- what a rubbish start to ur mat leave hope u get a good nap!

Tina- hope ur feeling better soon. Let us know when u want the baby out vibes to start

Sam- hope the bath helps

Mrs50s- how exciting about ur show!!

My GTT all went well, although I took orange lucozade instead of original so she had to hunt down  leftover bottles of warm, flat lucozade to make up enough! Yuck, wasnt the nicest drink to have first thing! My second lot of blood taking causes a bit of a bleeder which is going to bruise and she was very apologetic! Arm feels ok from the whooping cough vaccination but I have an apple danish ready for when it starts to feel sore ( or I get hungry!)

• Sam, I managed to miss you earlier! I get the sharp pains just below the bump too - sort of a cross between a pulled muscle and being stabbed in the bladder! I think it's just baby being much lower and squashing everything.

MrsBass - yuk, I throw up if I drink lucozade anyway so the thought of it on an empty stomach makes me feel quite ill! It was part of the reason I declined my GTT - I knew I would vomit it straight back up so seemed a total waste of time! Apple danish *almost* would make it worth a try though Wink

I've had my MW appt now and she said 'any day now' as there's apparently loads of space at the top of my abdomen now and baby is so far down in my pelvis that she couldn't move the head at all, and had to listen in really low for HB. I'm the only homebirth booked in for that team (5 MWs) in the immediate future so they're all really excited and I saw both of my most regular MWs today as they were both so keen to see how soon it might be! There are always 3 on call and 2 sent out, so I really hope it's those 2 we get. So nice to have such enthusiasm and support rather than the 'just another patient attitude I know some people are unfortunate enough to get.

• I just unloaded the dishwasher and my arm has started to ache so im taking that as a sign that i should just sit on my butt!

Ive recieved a load of parcels from my sister in law, a couple of which are birthday pressies but there area a couple i could open " in prep for December" she has sent a thermos mug and grow bag! really sweet of her. i had a decent thermos mug on my shopping list!

Mrs50s, you would have hated the warm, slightly flat glass i had to drink then! oooooh how exciting!!!! Do you want some  'Baby out vibes'?!

• Banzy hope you managed to get your nap. Lovely news about your friend

TT hope you're feeling better soon

Sam hope the pains have eased off, take it easy

Mrs50s sounds very promising. I'm more than happy for you to jump ahead of me in the queue. At least you've got your birthing pool for whenever it does start. Keep us updated with any progress. Good that you have lovely midwives that are supportive

AFM have had a very productive day getting lots of jobs done around the house. I think I'm as ready as I'll ever be for baby arriving, but would rather she stays put until Thursday. Sounds most likely that she will as my MW yesterday confirmed that her head isn't engaged at all, she's still happily bobbing around in there so I'm pretty sure we will have mrs50's BA before mine.

• Mrs Bass, definitely take an achey arm as an instruction to rest! How sweet of your SIL - I have heard one of the main things to happen post-birth is never being able to drink a hot drink while it's still hot so a thermos is an excellent idea!

JT, that's the first time someone's mentioned a BA in relation to me. Eeek!! We're definitely all ready... birth pool is fabulous - BoyCat thinks so too! Baby Out vibes would be wonderful for Monday / Tuesday if that's no too picky Wink We were given 4th row tickets to a Bill Bailey gig as a 30th birthday present before we told anyone I was pregnant... and it's this Saturday. It's my brother's birthday on Sunday and we don't really want baby to share his birthday, and then on Wednesday my parents go abroad for a week (booked and paid for before I got pregnant and they had to cancel a holiday in March due to ill health so I'm insisting they still go) so Mon / Tues would be perfect Laugh If not, I may try and keep my legs crossed until they get home, the day after due date.

• jelly tot- you have obviously made a comfy home in there for her!

Mrs50s- I know, my nephew is only 18 months so its obviously all fresh in her head!! Id heard that too! For got to say she sent a pack of huge muslins with 'rock n roll baby' on and a heart with wings logo. they are so funky and so big i think i'll be able to use them to shield baby whilst breast feeing in public!

will keep the vibes on stand by for moday! You pool looks like a hot tub!!! its huge!

• Massive muslins sound perfect as well. My sister sent a big box of muslins (it was the first thing she said not to buy as she had so many) and I have no idea where they are. I must find them!

The pool is definitely hot-tub sized, you could comfortably get 4 adults in it! It's spoiling us a bit, hubby now wants to buy a hot tub. Bit extravagant for an ex-council house though I reckon Wink

• TT - sounds like a few of us felt rubbish last night, hope you are feeling a bit better now.

Sam - hope you enjoyed the soak in the bath and you're feeling ok.

Mrs 50s - hope you've gad a nice day, sounds like things are starting to get on the move! Cute photo of boycat

Afm - today has disappeared, didn't get half my jobs done but I've got tomorrow. Did manage to wash and tumble dry a load of baby clothes which made everything seem so real! Has been nice and relaxed today, will do much the same tomorrow.

• Evening all.

Just a quick one from me.

My MW appointment went well. Baby is still head down, good strong heartbeat and still measuring a week behind, so 30 weeks. Still no idea if we're having a ginormochunk! Lol

Hope everyone else is ok!